What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Can a Medical Device Mfg Quality Manager Switch to Food Safety?

Started by , Aug 11 2011 08:09 PM
3 Replies
Hi Everyone,

New here and have a question: Do you think it is possible to get a job in the Food Industry in Quality & Regulatory Affairs when all my years of experience are in the Medical Device industry?

thanks,
ToddO
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Food Safety Day 2024 - Prepare for the unexpected NC: Oil compressor non food grade Food Safety, RTE Products, Risk Assessments, and Laboratory Testing Inquiry about food safety culture elements Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements
[Ad]
I just started at a food compagny, having no experience in that sector. I have worked in the medical device and pharmaceutical industry and in clinical and laboratory research. As long as you have an open mind for the specific requirements per industry. The quality principles and techniques are simmilar, only the level at which you apply them depends on the risk profile of the business. Surely you have to learn the technical specifics, but that just makes a switch interesting. In my experience a switch just boosts your awareness of the quality principles, what is their purpose and how can it be applied in different industries. It made me very open-minded, whch I experience as a benificial competence to a QA manager.

Good luck and succes,

Jan
I would say principles are the same, at least in USA. Youare already used to GPM's, SOP's, Risk Analysis, RCA, Product Specifications,Document Control.....etc, You just will have to learn the specifics, but Iwould say it is possible.... Not sure why would you do that though? In USA, thereare lot more jobs for that kind of abilities in the medical industry that food industry.

Hi Everyone,

New here and have a question: Do you think it is possible to get a job in the Food Industry in Quality & Regulatory Affairs when all my years of experience are in the Medical Device industry?

thanks,
ToddO

I say "Why not?" Like Antores said, the principles are just the same and besides if you have problems getting the basics the ifsqn forums is here to help. Plus, there are a lot of online courses offered that you can get you should invest on it if you like.

Similar Discussion Topics
Food Safety Day 2024 - Prepare for the unexpected NC: Oil compressor non food grade Food Safety, RTE Products, Risk Assessments, and Laboratory Testing Inquiry about food safety culture elements Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Food Fraud Vulnerability Assessment for Processes Food safety culture Food Safety Additionally requirements