What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

BRC Risk Assessments - Do they need to be documented?

Started by , Aug 19 2011 01:04 PM
8 Replies
Please someone correct me if I am wrong.........

Where the BRC standard states " based on RISK ASSESSMENT" means a documented risk assessment is required which demonstrates how you came to the decision and not meaning think about it in your head to decide what you think!!!!!
Thanks

APS
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Food Safety Culture in a Low Risk Product Facility (Wine) HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree Environmental Monitoring Risk Assessment Ingredient risk assesment Example of a risk assessment template
[Ad]
I would always put together a document or put within your quality manual some basis for your risk assessment so, yes. If you don't document it, how can you prove you do it?

I have noticed fewer references to risk assessment though in version 6.
I have heard that minutes from a meeting that the issue was discussed and a decision was agreed upon would be sufficient for a risk assessment. Is there any truth to this statement?

[quote name='jaredkkrischel' timestamp='1314024744' post='48101']
I have heard that minutes from a meeting that the issue was discussed and a decision was agreed upon would be sufficient for a risk assessment. Is there any truth to this statement?

I have been told by more than one consultant that your risk assessment belongs to you and your program, however you came up with it, is your business. I would think that a meeting, where minutes were recorded, and details of the decision making process were documented, that that would be good enough.
Dear All,

Regrettably, this all sounds like pure anecdote to me.

Any actual validations can be offered ?? i would certainly like to be proved wrong !.

Rgds / Charles.C
Whether a risk assessment or anything else, I now keep in mind the words of an auditor: "If it hasn't been written down, it hasn't been done".

I have a spreadsheet of 28 tabs, one for each BRC risk assessment required and one other for the list of them that I found on here...

Whether a risk assessment or anything else, I now keep in mind the words of an auditor: "If it hasn't been written down, it hasn't been done".

I have a spreadsheet of 28 tabs, one for each BRC risk assessment required and one other for the list of them that I found on here...

There is risk assessment inherent within your HACCP plan. I have documented new risk assessments using the template attached

Attached Files

4 Thanks
There are many risk assessments for the HACCP plan and one can use anyone of these that they feel comfortable with. Any of the risk assessments that one used should derive with the same outcomes. Thanks for sharing the risk assessment that was posted by trubertq .
I think the auditor will always ask for objective evidence thus the need to have documented risk analyses.

Similar Discussion Topics
Food Safety Culture in a Low Risk Product Facility (Wine) HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree Environmental Monitoring Risk Assessment Ingredient risk assesment Example of a risk assessment template Health & Safety Risk Assessment Zosi’s Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP) and risk assessment templates Is pulling the cords out from the ear buds a risk to contamination? Anyone have a template for the V6 Risk Based Plan for Tanker Cleaning risk assessment? BRCGS 8.1.2 - Cooked Crustacea High Risk-High Care