What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Calibration & Control of Measuring and Monitoring Devices

Started by , Aug 19 2011 02:07 PM
4 Replies
Ref section 6.3.2 All identified measuring devices shall be checked and where necessary ajdusted based on risk assessment.

Does anyone have an example

Thanks
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Calibration Certificate Expiration Metal Detector Validation vs Calibration (11.2.10.2) Calibrated equipment found out of calibration Infrared Thermometer Calibration Acceptable tolerance of calibration measurement equipment
[Ad]

Ref section 6.3.2 All identified measuring devices shall be checked and where necessary ajdusted based on risk assessment.

Does anyone have an example

Thanks

And the device is ?? A pressure gauge is not quite the same as a balance.

I recall posting one for typical analog balances and checkweighers some time back (search required). The precise details may also depend on the design/application, eg thermometers. There are a few examples of "this and that" on this forum.

Rgds / Charles.C
1 Thank
An example would checking a thermometer. The ones we use have factory calibration certificates that are valid for 1 year. So every year, we send them in for a check up and recalibration. Every three months i do a check in boiling water (sea level) and icewater. If i get a deviation of more than the accuracy of the temperature (0.5°C) i indicate it on the thermometer.if I have a deviation of 1°C (twice the accuracy) i send them in for reclibration.

The frequency of recalibration can be determined from experience, manufactor reccomendation, frequent measuring during the first use period,...
I understand how to check items, what i am after is if i require a risk assessment to the frequency as the standards request
are you using some software for record of calibration?

Similar Discussion Topics
Calibration Certificate Expiration Metal Detector Validation vs Calibration (11.2.10.2) Calibrated equipment found out of calibration Infrared Thermometer Calibration Acceptable tolerance of calibration measurement equipment Area Thermometer Calibration Do calibration weights need to be traceable or ISO certified? Frequency of External Calibration of Analytical Balance and Incubator External Calibration Is it necessary to check the calibration on your mixer and oven timers?