What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Any BRC Certified companies down under?

Started by , Sep 21 2011 03:54 AM
4 Replies
Hi All you down under,

If so how did you go about it?
How did you handle the garment supplier audit aspect?

refst
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Which microbials should a pre-packaged food be tested for to be GFSI certified? Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? What are companies responsible that uses contract manufacturer? GFSI Certified and Allergen Free Repacking Is there a database of IFS certified companies?
[Ad]
Any BRC users in OZ/NZ?
Hi All you down under,

If so how did you go about it?
How did you handle the garment supplier audit aspect?

refst
[/quote]

We are currently working towards approval on the packaging side but I believe there are a number of approved companies on the food side now. SAI Global may be able to point you in the right direction. There is another company conducting audits known as SGS Australia that may also be able to point you in the right direction.

Regards Scott.
Hi refst,

There are a lot of BRC certified food companies in Australia. To supply one of the biggest supermarkets here you have to be certified to BRC or SQF.

My previous workplace, a cannery and a jam/caramels manufacturing facility, was BRC certified. In relation to the laundry question, BRC does not say that you have to do the certifying or auditing etc, just that it is an audited facility, it can be audited by a third party. We used a certifed laundry service, (i forget to what ISO standard they were certified to), the fact that they were certified, proved they were audited. We kept a copy of their cert on file as per our Approved Suppliers Program.

We then had a feedback mechanism to report to the laundry any clothes were not happy with, whether because of excessive staining or damages, tears etc. Auditors were very happy with this.

Hope that helps.

Paul.
Thanks Paul,

That has been eating up my head - you approach is more workable.

Regards

refst

Similar Discussion Topics
Which microbials should a pre-packaged food be tested for to be GFSI certified? Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? What are companies responsible that uses contract manufacturer? GFSI Certified and Allergen Free Repacking Is there a database of IFS certified companies? SQF Certified getting ISO 22000 Certifications from Broker SQF Certified - Now sharing storage space, any changes? Do calibration weights need to be traceable or ISO certified? Where can I go to validate a manufacturer is IFS or FSSC22000 certified? Does SQF allow only a part of production to be certified?