What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Food Safety Activities for trainees

Started by , Oct 24 2011 07:01 PM
4 Replies
Hi how are you?

I'm new to the forum and I arrive from Portugal. I'm currently giving a course on food safety and I'm having trouble in finding and develope activities that would be interesting and usefull for my students.
it's a class of adults but not with a very high education so I woul like something that wasn't over worked but also not childish...

Do you have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Example of How to Assess Your Food Safety Culture Food Fraud for Storage and Distribution Warehouse Any food product naming policy in EU? Storing food ingredients in same warehouse as food contact packaging Utilization of Grape Seeds and analysis of potential applications in the food industry.
[Ad]
Dear Laudhina,

This is what we do:
first small lection about how food gets safe. you know: the pictures about expended bacterial growth and the 7 things to prevent bact growt (salt, preservatives, heating, cold chain, no food, acid/low pH, oxygen)

Then small groupes of 2-3 persons. Each group receive a food product and need to investigate why it is safe. The groups have to search this out for all products. After that discussion and results.
The products we use are: sauerkraut, baby food, beer in a can, canned vegetables, MAP packed product (bake off product), salt, fermented sausages, frozen vegetables (only the packaging)

Hope this is an idea for you too.
I have found "case studies" in cross contamination to be quite stimulating for the class and will often open the eyes of the line personnel. I will write or borrow a short scenario about a contamination issue, then the group will investigate the case and develop possible conclusions.
Hi :)

Thanks for your ideas :)
I'm also trying to figur out some activities about pest control and facilities hygiene... IF I find something or work out something good I'll post here....

Also, keep the ideas coming Thanks
There is somewhere o this site a great picture of a mice in a bread.

Similar Discussion Topics
Example of How to Assess Your Food Safety Culture Food Fraud for Storage and Distribution Warehouse Any food product naming policy in EU? Storing food ingredients in same warehouse as food contact packaging Utilization of Grape Seeds and analysis of potential applications in the food industry. Food Fraud & Food Defense Micro. Guidelines for Food Contact Surfaces Food Fraud Vulnerability Assessment (VACCP) and Food Defence (TACCP) and their Mitigation Plans NC for using non food grade oil in a compressor Utilization of Grape Seeds and analysis of potential applications in the food industry.