What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Seeking help in addressing food safety issue outside the plant

Started by , Oct 25 2011 07:05 PM
3 Replies
I remember when I was in food industry we had an food safety issue coming from outside of the plant. The outside area of the plant had strong chicken manure odor coming from the adjacent chicken dressing plant. Direction of air was from the dressing plant towards the food plant.

Thoughts on how to address this?
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Managing Customer Audit Dates: Seeking Advice on Rescheduling for Convenience Seeking advice, employer making questionable, inappropriate, and possibly illegal decisions and actions Seeking Advice on Transitioning to a Consulting Role Seeking advice transitioning our HACCP plan into an SQF program Seeking Guidance on Lead Food Auditor Training and Internal Food Auditor Training
[Ad]

I remember when I was in food industry we had an food safety issue coming from outside of the plant. The outside area of the plant had strong chicken manure odor coming from the adjacent chicken dressing plant. Direction of air was from the dressing plant towards the food plant.

Thoughts on how to address this?

Would/could the aroma contaminate product?

Would/could the aroma contaminate product?

I'm unsure if the armoma was strong enough to contaminate the product.

I'm unsure if the armoma was strong enough to contaminate the product.

I think that the aroma probably will attract some flies... (and that is something you can control). In some products like dairy it can represent a quality problem, but I don't think is a matter of food safety...

Similar Discussion Topics
Managing Customer Audit Dates: Seeking Advice on Rescheduling for Convenience Seeking advice, employer making questionable, inappropriate, and possibly illegal decisions and actions Seeking Advice on Transitioning to a Consulting Role Seeking advice transitioning our HACCP plan into an SQF program Seeking Guidance on Lead Food Auditor Training and Internal Food Auditor Training Seeking US based FDA recognized LACF process authority? Bag opening: Seeking alternatives to knives. Seeking pest frequency risk assessment template Seeking a company that completes magnet pull strength tests on the east coast? Seeking information on setting up a cola carbonated drink factory