What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Risk-based auditing techniques and scoring systems

Started by , Nov 08 2011 03:44 PM
2 Replies
Taken from http://www.ifsqn.com...dit-format-etc/

You will still need to put together a schedule which can demonstrate that the frequency of internal audits is risk based.

I am thinking of a risk-based auditing. It seems that this is complicated but...Does anyone have an idea on how to turn audit criteria into a risk management score? (for example, conformity - strong, medium, weak categories and sample calculation of score for risk management)

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Example of a risk assessment template Health & Safety Risk Assessment Zosi’s Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP) and risk assessment templates Is pulling the cords out from the ear buds a risk to contamination? HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree
[Ad]
Dear MOM,

It rather depends what you mean by risk-based audit, eg audit for what ?.

Many food production audit schemes are safety prioritised for which there are a number of referenced examples in various threads on this forum based initially on a range of parameters like type of product, size of factory, output capacity and subsequently on results, eg point scoring schemes or by scoring defects as critical, major etc and applying (again empirical) combination decision tables to get an overall score. Similar idea I think as used nationally for assessing restaurants in UK. Scores on Doors ? The method of point scoring is usually empirical IMO which is one argument in favour of defect approach.

Theoretical optimum sampling frequencies for general audits hv also been proposed, eg here is 1st page from one such –

JSTOR_ Management Science, ...pdf   104.29KB   173 downloads
(already posted in a thread here somewhere)

Rgds / Charles.C
1 Thank

Dear MOM,

It rather depends what you mean by risk-based audit, eg audit for what ?.

Fav Charles C,
I am referring to internal audit. By risk-based audit, I mean it could be based on status, importance and past performance.

Thanks for the link. I will look at it.

Similar Discussion Topics
Example of a risk assessment template Health & Safety Risk Assessment Zosi’s Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP) and risk assessment templates Is pulling the cords out from the ear buds a risk to contamination? HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree Anyone have a template for the V6 Risk Based Plan for Tanker Cleaning risk assessment? BRCGS 8.1.2 - Cooked Crustacea High Risk-High Care High risk area with positive pressure and microbiological air filtration Risk assessments Allergen Risk Assessment