What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Please recommend a good BRC 6 Audit Company

Started by , Nov 15 2011 10:56 AM
6 Replies
I m working with a start up business looking to get BRC accreditation to supply the UK Multiples & they have asked for advise on sourcing a provider to carry out a 3rd party audit. There seems to be hundreds of providers -can you recommend a good one and advise why you would recommend them - Thanks in advance
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Found a confusing NC from our previous years SQF audit BRCGS 3.4.1 - Internal Audit frequency - To Dispute or Not to Dispute Nonconformance? FSSC V6 Internal audit Checklist SQF Food Safety Audit Report How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit?
[Ad]
We use SAI Global, and have done for many years a couple of sites.
They are a fair and good quality 3rd party auditor.
1 Thank
Hi

Have held BRC for 10 years now and originally used RSSL who were taken over by National Brittania. We now use Moody's. Can only comment on these 2 companies but in my experience Moody's whilst being very thorough are also very pragmatic and have a sensible approach to CA's. They can also be argued out of giving NC's, although be prepared to fight your corner.

All in all I believe a large part of it comes down to the auditor you get on the day.
1 Thank
If you want a true test and to drive continual improvement through I can recommend Exova. Probably not the cheapest, but very thorough and professional with very knowledgeable and helpful auditors.
1 Thank
You may check BRC website for Certification Bodies status in this standard and their ranking in auditing. It may be to choose.

Faisal
2 Thanks
If you are looking for a company to carry out your BRC Certification audit, the companies listed on the BRC's website should, in theory, all be comparable in terms of the way that they audit, as they undergo accreditation by UKAS.

In reality, they are not. I have been audited by several over the years and I have found that SAI, SGS and CMi have been the most professional - firm, thorough, knowledgable but fair. Others I have found almost too easy - National Brittannia and Micron come to mind.

If you are looking for a third party to carry out an audit as a pre-audit before certification you have more options as they do not have to be UKAS accredited. Most of the accredited certification bodies offer this pre-audit service.

The other thing to check is that the certification body can offer an audit in your particular food sector, some have limitations, again this is available from the BRC website.
2 Thanks
Not sure if this is still the case, but I believe that some retailers had/have a list of certification bodies that they approve of a company using

Similar Discussion Topics
Found a confusing NC from our previous years SQF audit BRCGS 3.4.1 - Internal Audit frequency - To Dispute or Not to Dispute Nonconformance? FSSC V6 Internal audit Checklist SQF Food Safety Audit Report How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit? Recommended LIMS for Trader Brokerage Company Carrier Sent Finished Good Foodstuff on Trailer with 6.1 Poisons Organic Audit: Mass balance audits ISO 22000 : 2018 Internal Audit Checklist Mandatory RCA for Internal Audit NCs?