What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Root Cause Analysis for Positive Feedback

Started by , Nov 15 2011 06:24 PM
7 Replies
Taken from http://www.ifsqn.com...9161#entry39161

I also suggest that you seek positive feedback as well and conduct root cause analyses for the positive feedback just as you must for complaints.

Sounds like a great idea! I think there's value in knowing why things went right....

So what say you (not only gcse-fhp - I'm asking everyone). Is "Root Cause Analysis for positive feedback/conformity a value-added activity/effort or a waste of time?
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Determining Root Cause Microbiological testing of whole herb (berry, root, etc.) Is cooking quinoa and burdock root a CCP? How does Root Cause Analysis Rejection affect BRC certificate? Root Cause on Procedural Findings
[Ad]
Definitely. If you know what you did well you can do it again and again. Unfortunately most are way too busy not getting to the root cause of customer dissatisfaction...again and again and again.

Unfortunately most are way too busy not getting to the root cause of customer dissatisfaction...again and again and again.

But this thread is about going through an investigation on why things went right (e.g. customer satisfaction, not dissatisfaction)

But this thread is about going through an investigation on why things went right (e.g. customer satisfaction, not dissatisfaction)

I know it is that's why I said.

Definitely. If you know what you did well you can do it again and again.

In the first part of my reply which you ignored when you misquoted me.

I know it is that's why I said.

In the first part of my reply which you ignored when you misquoted me.

I noted the first part of your response and I agree that's why I didn't bother responding on it. My comment is really on the rest of your your post.

Unfortunately most are way too busy not getting to the root cause of customer dissatisfaction...again and again and again.

Assuming the customer complaint/dissatisfaction are valid, the area responsible is required to take action/s to eliminate the root cause/s of the problem. Root Cause Analysis will lead to appropriate Corrective Action. No question about it. That is a fact already.
My OP question is specific to "positive" observation because I don't know if there's a formal ruling on it.

Taken from http://www.ifsqn.com...9161#entry39161

Sounds like a great idea! I think there's value in knowing why things went right....

So what say you (not only gcse-fhp - I'm asking everyone). Is "Root Cause Analysis for positive feedback/conformity a value-added activity/effort or a waste of time?

Yes, IMO it is a value-adding activity in the sense as if the positive feedback/conformity had happened by "luck" then its source process should properly be standardized, that is, should be planned, documented, approved and regulated.

Slightly OFFTOPIC,

As a general practice, while getting positive feedbacks or identifying any opportunity for improvement we usually implement the action without in-depth "Impact Analysis" which some of the management standards tagged as "Systematic Review". Review of impact on the existing processes, system and responsibilities is a critical process which should be considered with due care.

Regards:
M.Zeeshan.

As a general practice, while getting positive feedbacks or identifying any opportunity for improvement we usually implement the action without in-depth "Impact Analysis" which some of the management standards tagged as "Systematic Review". Review of impact on the existing processes, system and responsibilities is a critical process which should be considered with due care.

Is "Impact Analysis" the same as Risk Analysis/Assessment?

Is "Impact Analysis" the same as Risk Analysis/Assessment?

"Impact Analysis" is my own created term.. I had no idea to be asked by someone about it.

IMO, the word "impact" is more general in the sense that it covers both positive and negative aspects. On the other hand the word "risk" usually blinks the aspect of negativity.

What I meant to use this term is that we should analyze both the positive and negative aspects of the outcome in case of implementation of a change.

Hope it would be clear now.

Regards:
M.Zeeshan.

Similar Discussion Topics
Determining Root Cause Microbiological testing of whole herb (berry, root, etc.) Is cooking quinoa and burdock root a CCP? How does Root Cause Analysis Rejection affect BRC certificate? Root Cause on Procedural Findings Root Cause - Missing Risk analysis for our clothing policy Root cause of bottled water having a plastic smell? SQF 2.5.3.1 - Corrective actions and root cause Can anyone please help me with the response Corrective, Preventative and Root Cause Root Cause Analysis for Internal Audits