What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Hair nets for bald people?

Started by , Nov 19 2011 01:34 PM
9 Replies
Just a small question; we are working towards BRC but it could be relevant to all standards:
Anyway, do people with stubble / bald / shaven heads need to wear hair nets?! Thanks.
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Are hair nets necessary in an enclosed processing room? BRCGS v.9 Food Safety 7.4.1 and 7.4.2 - Hair coverings in low risk non open product areas Risk assessment of clothing and hair policy Methods for Hair Prevention Wearing of False Eyelashes and Hair Clips in Production
[Ad]
Interesting one, that open to misinterpretation. At what length does hair on a shaved head require covering? Is it down to the individual employee to establish the length of their hair?

Right or wrong i go for a blanket policy, where everyone wears a hair net and then it is simple with no confusion or opportunity for debate!
Dear D-D,

The content is only partially BRC-specific but these 2 threads should give you some idea pf people's opinions -

http://www.ifsqn.com...dpost__p__22862

http://www.ifsqn.com...dpost__p__43893

Rgds / Charles.C
Thanks - I will of course go with the blanket rule to avoid disucssion or grey area. Thanks too Charles for digging out the old threads on this one.

Already answered and I'm sure I posted on the old threads but yes. The mob caps normally used are not only to prevent contamination from hair but also to discourage people from fiddling around with ears etc.

As you said, generally in quality management; grey area = bad. Keep it simple.
Agreed best to have a policy that is clear. Definition of bald anyone?
Simple Policy, wear hair nets

Faisal
It comes down to one thing:
the rules within a company : i.e. if it states that employees must wear hair nets then 'Hair Nets they must wear! hair or not hair.

Just a small question; we are working towards BRC but it could be relevant to all standards:
Anyway, do people with stubble / bald / shaven heads need to wear hair nets?! Thanks.

Dear All,

Just a comment that any general rule perhaps should also clearly define the implementation aspects -

For example see these extracts -

equivocal view.png   4.42KB   26 downloads
( http://www.auditingf...com.au/faq.html )

and -
equivocal view2.png   93.92KB   23 downloads
(US-FDA FOOD Code 2005)

Rgds / Charles.C

In my opinion, I believe they should wear hair nets as they are exposed to the outside environment (by this i mean to say, outside your production facility) and there are chances of having hazards introduced to your food from their heads. The hair net will not eliminate such incident from happening but it can reduce the chances of it from happening.

Regards,

Food safety boy
1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Are hair nets necessary in an enclosed processing room? BRCGS v.9 Food Safety 7.4.1 and 7.4.2 - Hair coverings in low risk non open product areas Risk assessment of clothing and hair policy Methods for Hair Prevention Wearing of False Eyelashes and Hair Clips in Production Employee Hygiene Solutions for Hair Contamination Audit non conformance on clothing and hair policy risk assessment Best way to deal with a customer finding hair in your product? Can I do a risk assessment and get rid of hair nets in our dog food plant? SQF 9.0 11.4.1.2 - Hair Restraints around open product