What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Need advice for career planning.

Started by , Nov 30 2011 09:48 AM
1 Reply
Since 2008 I am working in a RTE food processing company. I am working here as Deputy Management Representative. As title indicates, I am managing all the activities related to certified management system. Since beginning I contributed a lot as an active team member of food safety team to develop, implement and get certified the quality and food safety management system. Now come to the dilemma. By qualification, I am Mechanical Engineering Graduate. Also IRCA Certified QMS Lead Auditor. Since 2008, I have attained some professional courses on food safety from third party also such as FSMS Lead Auditor Course, FSMS Internal Auditor Training. Now-a-days I am reviewing my career growth and career planning. I have no technical background of food sector and no technical experience of mechanical engineering. My only expertise is management system activity (designing, development, implementation, maintenance and continual improvement). Do somebody help me to sort out whether I could proceed my career in the food industry. Whether there exist any hope for having some opportunity to be engaged with good food industries especially in European and Canadian States.

Thanks for your time.
Regards:
M.Zeeshan
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Managing Customer Audit Dates: Seeking Advice on Rescheduling for Convenience Seeking advice, employer making questionable, inappropriate, and possibly illegal decisions and actions Advice about employing a BRC Consultant Seeking Advice on Transitioning to a Consulting Role Seeking advice transitioning our HACCP plan into an SQF program
[Ad]
In my experience deputy usually means the person who does the work.

It seems you're an 'all rounder' without the in-depth qualifications and sometimes this can limit growth even though you could probably do the job standing on your head.

What kind of job are you looking for, what would be your ideal role and in what business?

Maybe exploring this will lead to a gap analysis.

Regards,
Simon
1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Managing Customer Audit Dates: Seeking Advice on Rescheduling for Convenience Seeking advice, employer making questionable, inappropriate, and possibly illegal decisions and actions Advice about employing a BRC Consultant Seeking Advice on Transitioning to a Consulting Role Seeking advice transitioning our HACCP plan into an SQF program Advice on becoming a food safety auditor FSVP Need advice on how to proceed Food Defense Monitoring Advice Advice for maintaining bathroom and toilet hygiene Need Advice for Unannounced Audit Planning