What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Foreign Object/Matter Training

Started by , Dec 05 2011 11:16 PM
8 Replies
Hi All,
Does anyone have a good Foreign Object Training program? I would like to cover everything necessary but not too long and more visual.
The staff here are not too competent with reading, so the simpler the better.
Thanks,
Paula
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Allowable Preservative Levels in Foreign Countries (specifically South Korea) Foreign Material Handling for product with meat filling Control of Foreign Material from Carton Box Foreign Material SS Metal Foreign Matter Control Policy
[Ad]

Hi All,
Does anyone have a good Foreign Object Training program? I would like to cover everything necessary but not too long and more visual.
The staff here are not too competent with reading, so the simpler the better.
Thanks,
Paula

Dear Paula,

You may need to be a little more specific to get useful input.
"Foreign Object" covers, well, foreign objects.
For example, it could include sieving, metal detection and entomological examination to name but 3.

Rgds / Charles.C
Hi Charles,
This is for production staff in a bakery so I mean foreign matter such as plastic/glass, metal, wood, string, pests, stones. The obvious - don't want to get too complicated with sieves, maintenance, etc.
Thanks,
Paula
I don't have a specific foreign body training course, but examples and pictures always speak volumes.

Perhaps you could go round your bakery with a camera and take photos of anything which may end up as a foreign body.

If you have a test bakery, you could always artificially create foreign bodies in some bread - sack paper, sackstring, engineering debris, band aids, old dough, stones, pests etc.

Here are a couple of sample photos to start you off.

Attached Files

1 Thank
I did just that foodworker. I took photographs of end products with all sorts of contaminants inside such as glass, hairs, blades, dirt, a fly, jewellery, oil, staple etc. I even threw in mixed packaging and some defects critical to consumer safety such as missing print on ingredients and ink on food contact side. What I did then was put each photograph on a powerpoint slide along with:

1. What the contaminant is
2. What problems it would cause the customer / end user
3. What procedures and controls we have in place to prevent them

Made a great refresher course and used for induction and placed on a notice board in factory.

Regards,
Simon
By the way Paula, do you use metal detection or x-ray inspection in your factory?

Regards,
Simon
Hi Simon,
Thanks for your feedback. We use a metal detector.
Regards,
Paula

Hi Simon,
Thanks for your feedback. We use a metal detector.
Regards,
Paula

In which case you may want to take a look at this free webinar from METTLER TOLEDO.

Building an Effective Metal Detection Program

Maybe give you some improvement and training ideas.

Regards,
Simon

I don't have a specific foreign body training course, but examples and pictures always speak volumes.

Perhaps you could go round your bakery with a camera and take photos of anything which may end up as a foreign body.

If you have a test bakery, you could always artificially create foreign bodies in some bread - sack paper, sackstring, engineering debris, band aids, old dough, stones, pests etc.

Here are a couple of sample photos to start you off.

Similar Discussion Topics
Allowable Preservative Levels in Foreign Countries (specifically South Korea) Foreign Material Handling for product with meat filling Control of Foreign Material from Carton Box Foreign Material SS Metal Foreign Matter Control Policy Foreign body contamination risk assessment plan in shrimp processing? BRC v7 4.10.1.1 Foreign body detection and removal equipment Determine of critical limits Foreign Material -> SS 5.0 mm in sachet products? Foreign Material Control Program for Wholesaling and Distribution Organic Cane Sugar - Foreign Material HELP