What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Environment, Health and Safety System for a Hotel

Started by , Dec 10 2011 04:18 PM
4 Replies
Dear All,

I am going to start working on environment, health and safety in the hotel. I am confused from where to start off and what action/work plan should i devise which would help me to initiate and being on track.

Any kind of help, assisstance and guideance will be valuable for me as i am a beginner in this field. Have got handful experience for food safety management systems but environment and safety are new to me.

Where can i find the best material to read?

Regards.

Riz.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Developing an Environment / ATP Swab Program Allergen Management of CPGs in Warehouse Environment Australia Standard for Environment Swabs Acceptable level of Bacillus bacteria in the environment EMP FSSC Environment Monitoring for Oleochemicals products for food application
[Ad]
A simple starter for you Riz: Health and safety in hotels

And of course it's all about management commitment, resources, roles, responsibilities, training, policies, procedures and at the heart of it risk assessment.

Regards,
Simon
2 Thanks

Dear All,

I am going to start working on environment, health and safety in the hotel. I am confused from where to start off and what action/work plan should i devise which would help me to initiate and being on track.

Any kind of help, assisstance and guideance will be valuable for me as i am a beginner in this field. Have got handful experience for food safety management systems but environment and safety are new to me.

Regards.

Riz.

I think you should start the same way you would implement food safety management system or any other standard. Find out what you are doing today. Describe your processes, and then compare it to what the standard says that you need to do. What specific/applicable standards are you trying to implement?

Dear All,

Regards.

Riz.

Hi Riz,

In years past I worked as risk/safety/guest impact compliance auditor and consultant for a hotel franchise company. If your hotel is part of a chain (chain, co-op, or franchise) you should be able to call on the company for assistance/materials that you will need to build and implement your program. The resources avaiilable in this area are normally pretty substantial.

1 Thank

A simple starter for you Riz: Health and safety in hotels

And of course it's all about management commitment, resources, roles, responsibilities, training, policies, procedures and at the heart of it risk assessment.

Regards,
Simon

Dear Simon,

Thanks a lot the link is very useful...

Regards.

Riz.

Similar Discussion Topics
Developing an Environment / ATP Swab Program Allergen Management of CPGs in Warehouse Environment Australia Standard for Environment Swabs Acceptable level of Bacillus bacteria in the environment EMP FSSC Environment Monitoring for Oleochemicals products for food application Environmental monitoring for a NOT-RTE processing environment? How to handle dry cleaning in a dusty (tea) environment? ISO 22000:2018 clause no. 8.5.1.5.3 - Description of process and process environment Laptop or tablet in wet environment Electronic Fly Units in moist environment