What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

BRC or SQF for Baby Food - Certification which is better?

Started by , Dec 12 2011 12:35 AM
1 Reply
Hi all

This is my very post in the forum and I wanted to ask this question to anyone who already has a GFSI standard in place at their plant. I work for a baby food company in North America and would like to know which GFSI would be best to use? I understand SQF has multiple levels and many opt for level 2 just the food safety portion and quality is left on the back burner. With BRC the costs are less and is easier to implement is what I am hearing or understanding from the discussions on this forum. I myself received SQF training in my past life but now I am entering un-chartered territory of BRC. Guess my question is BRC better for Baby Food (acidifed foods)

Thanks,
Niru
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ?
[Ad]
Niru, everyone has a preference usually borne out of familiarity. There are several GFSI approved food safety management system standards and in theory they are all pretty much equal, but none are designed specifically for baby food. There are previous similar discussions on the forums and the conclusion is usually - ask your biggest customers if they have a preference. Whatever the choice of standard the most important thing is to implement the requirements in a comprehensive and positive way and always try to improve.

Regards,
Simon

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Food safety culture plan