What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Need help developing a formulation for 100% wholewheat bread?

Started by , Jan 17 2012 04:59 PM
2 Replies
Hello everyone!

I am developing a formulation for 100% wholewheat bread. I have been facing few problems related to loaf volume (especially with gas retention) and loaf density. Can anyone suggest how do I overcome these?

Thank you !!
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Developing a Workplace Safety Program Fair Price to charge for developing 2 HACCP plans Developing an Environment / ATP Swab Program ISO Egg Wash Substitute for Bread Manufacturing Can I use up current packaging or is new required if the product formulation has changed?
[Ad]
100% Wholewheat bread is going to give you a heavy loaf with a small volume. The pieces of bran disrupt the "bubbles" formed by the gluten so that it won´t let the bread rise adequately. You might try to add some gluten.
Another suggestion is using wholewheat flour that is very finely ground. That should help. However, you do have to remember that you´ll never have the size and texture of white flour bread.

1 Thank
whole wheat bread is quite shows different behavior than white bread regarding volume and density. whole wheat gluten structure is weaker than white bread due to bran interrupt to make complex and strong gluten network. u will have to care about to use the (if you r using the yeast leavened bread) correct amount of yeast and leavened chemical. if u use too much , the pressure will develop on the wall of weak outer structure and volume will become collapse which wil give u dense bread.
it might be helpful to you , if u mention the recipe and all the procedure you currently follow , hopefully i can give you some solution regarding this .

thanks
saqib

Hello everyone!

I am developing a formulation for 100% wholewheat bread. I have been facing few problems related to loaf volume (especially with gas retention) and loaf density. Can anyone suggest how do I overcome these?

Thank you !!

Similar Discussion Topics
Developing a Workplace Safety Program Fair Price to charge for developing 2 HACCP plans Developing an Environment / ATP Swab Program ISO Egg Wash Substitute for Bread Manufacturing Can I use up current packaging or is new required if the product formulation has changed? Standard Bread Baking Method Documents for Bread Quality Control team Recommendation for resources to help with developing a Food Quality Plan Missing Links in developing a food safety culture in the food companies Missing Links in Developing a Food Safety Culture in Food Companies