What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF manual numbering

Started by , Apr 22 2012 01:44 PM
3 Replies
hi,

when writing SQF manual, it should align with the SQF requirements, that say it should start with section 4.
in this case what should be the content in section 1 to 3? should it be like in the code? 1-scope, 2 reference and 3 definitions?

thanks
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
From what perspective to I write my Food Safety Manual when manufacturing is outsourced How to make a Quality Manual? Staff to be trained on Quality Manual or FSMS Manual What are you doing for numbering and ordering your documents? FSSC 22000 Food safety manual
[Ad]

hi,

when writing SQF manual, it should align with the SQF requirements, that say it should start with section 4.
in this case what should be the content in section 1 to 3? should it be like in the code? 1-scope, 2 reference and 3 definitions?

thanks

Hi there. No need to align with the SQF Code numbering, it is not a requirement and you won't get any points off or added during the audit. That said, some customers choose to align or have a separate table where they match up their numbering to the Code's numbering. The issue is if you align up your numbering to SQF 2000 Code ed6 you will have to then align it up to SQF Code ed7 which goes into effect 1 July 2012.

When customers align with the SQF 2000 Code, they address the scope of their certification ("section 1" - food sector category and covered products; "section 2"- reference the SQF Code; "section 3" - add their own definitions or just refer to the SQF Code definitions (e.g., appendix 2 of the new Code) or just start numbering at Section 4. Now for the new edition of the Code, it all starts at section 2.

I hope this helps. Good luck!
When you write your food safety program to comply with different certifiation requirements it limits your flexibility. Many companies are subjected to more than one standard so I recommend developing a primary navigation document for each standard ie SQF, BRC, ISO2200, AIB, Regulatory.

This document lists the clause number for each standard / rules that you get audited for and references where in your document system you can locate the information. This saves excessive time during the audit looking for documents / evidence to provide to the auditor.
Don't stress on remembering procedure X is in tab 4.3.2.1. You can organize your books anyway you want as long as you can find what you need easily when an auditor asks.
1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
From what perspective to I write my Food Safety Manual when manufacturing is outsourced How to make a Quality Manual? Staff to be trained on Quality Manual or FSMS Manual What are you doing for numbering and ordering your documents? FSSC 22000 Food safety manual Does everyone still have a physical quality manual? Asda Manufacturing Manual? Manual or documentations for traded materials Quality Manual Document Control Numbering System