What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Guidelines for rework of mozzarella and part skim cheese needed

Started by , May 09 2012 03:48 PM
1 Reply
Hello, I work at a cheese factory making mozzarella and part skim cheese. What is the maximum percentage of rework that can be used in a vat? Can fresh mozzarella rework be used in a part skim vat if the expiration dates are different? I say no. How old can rework be from a safety and quality standpoint? What if it is frozen? Thank you so much for your time.
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Micro. Guidelines for Food Contact Surfaces SQF and FDA guidelines for labeling Are there any food safety standards or guidelines for Freeze Dried Fruits and Vegetables? Microbial Guidelines for RTD Cold Brew Tea Open textbook: Comparisons of Codex Guidelines on Nutrition Labelling with Relevant Regulations of Taiwan and the United States
[Ad]
General rework percentage that I've worked with on other foods is around 10%.

Generally fresh mozz is made from whole milk, correct? I'd be careful with that just because your label declarations could get tricky, and the issue you mentioned with expiration dates. Our fresh mozz is 60 days, low moisture is around 120 days. ???

Expiration dates are really more of a quality issue, not safety. Especially if your product is pasteurized.

Similar Discussion Topics
Micro. Guidelines for Food Contact Surfaces SQF and FDA guidelines for labeling Are there any food safety standards or guidelines for Freeze Dried Fruits and Vegetables? Microbial Guidelines for RTD Cold Brew Tea Open textbook: Comparisons of Codex Guidelines on Nutrition Labelling with Relevant Regulations of Taiwan and the United States Does anyone have a definition for product rework according to USDA guidelines? Pipeline Metal detector - industry guidelines Is it required to perform endotoxin testing in any kind of food by any guidelines or standards? Does anyone have guidelines for Sensory Evaluation BRC Guidelines in Understanding Requirements for new site