What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Not sure about our tech scope for IFS?

Started by , May 11 2012 03:04 PM
3 Replies
I have been reviewing the IFS Standards (still trying to determine best GFSI scheme to use for our plant) and am having trouble with the tech scope for our facility. We package microwave popcorn, basically putting corn, oil, salt and flavoring in a bag and sealing it. All of the tech scopes described in Table 2 are some sort of treatment to minimize/eliminate microbial contamination, or so it seems. Perhaps I have just answered my own question with Scope F - "Any other manipulation, treatment, processing not being listed in A,B,C, D, E"?

Can anyone help me on this one?Thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Adding Pet Friendly Foods to Scope MSC Chain of Custody - need help with scope Offsite Warehouse - SQF scope Scope of BRCGS- Repack and Defrost traded gods ISO 22000 Certificate Scope
[Ad]
In the absence of a response from other users I would suggest you contact IFS directly.

Contact details for IFS can be found here: http://www.ifs-certification.us/

Regards,
Simon

I have been reviewing the IFS Standards (still trying to determine best GFSI scheme to use for our plant) and am having trouble with the tech scope for our facility. We package microwave popcorn, basically putting corn, oil, salt and flavoring in a bag and sealing it. All of the tech scopes described in Table 2 are some sort of treatment to minimize/eliminate microbial contamination, or so it seems. Perhaps I have just answered my own question with Scope F - "Any other manipulation, treatment, processing not being listed in A,B,C, D, E"?

Can anyone help me on this one?Thanks

Dear Vkh

I, as you do, would say: F. And more precisely your stepss are mixing and manipulation ( P12)

Best regards
ESther
1 Thank
Thanks Esther!

Similar Discussion Topics
Adding Pet Friendly Foods to Scope MSC Chain of Custody - need help with scope Offsite Warehouse - SQF scope Scope of BRCGS- Repack and Defrost traded gods ISO 22000 Certificate Scope SQF Scope of Certification BRCGS Clause 6.1.7 - Where the site handles products or materials that are outside the scope of the audit, these shall be controlled Does tea manufacturing fall outside the scope of the FSMA? How to add trading products to scope BRC Audit Scope