What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

BRC Requirement for Record Keeping Period

Started by , Jul 08 2012 06:06 PM
4 Replies
Dear All,

Can some one please let me know the requirement of record keeping period as per BRC standards. I heard it is 2 years?
I am aware it must cover the end of shelf life of the products manufactured.
Look forward to hear from you guys.

regards
Martinblue
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Keeping records of minor mistakes Best Practice for Record Filing What is the requirement for damaged ingredient bags in dry storage area? Have you ever falsified a record? Liner Bag Requirement for Packaging Plastic Food Packages
[Ad]
Hi Martin, I could be totally wrong, but in my head I have product shelf life + 12 months.
Although some customers I know state anything up to 7 years.

Regards,
Simon
1 Thank
BRC interpretation guideline states 'a period not less than the indicated shelf life plus one year.'

There is further reference to customer/ legal requirements which must be observed.

Also noted is for those which have indefined shelf life - generally left to company's discretion on record keeping timeframes, as long as based on above (states '...would be usual for records to be kept for at least 3 years in such situations.'

Hope this helps.

Regards
1 Thank

Dear All,

Can some one please let me know the requirement of record keeping period as per BRC standards. I heard it is 2 years?
I am aware it must cover the end of shelf life of the products manufactured.
Look forward to hear from you guys.

regards
Martinblue

Hi Martin,

Records shall be retained for a defined period with consideration given to any legal or customer requirements. As minimum, record shall be retained for the shelf life of the product plus 12 month.

Hope it is clear.

Best regards

Nizar
We keep records for the shelflife + 12 months for the product with the longest shelflife.
We don't differentiate for other products

Similar Discussion Topics
Keeping records of minor mistakes Best Practice for Record Filing What is the requirement for damaged ingredient bags in dry storage area? Have you ever falsified a record? Liner Bag Requirement for Packaging Plastic Food Packages Draft Non-conformance Record QAC Test Strip Checking Record Shellfish Tags - Shellstock - Record Keeping - Lost or Missing Tags Requirement of Traded Goods-BRCGS Issue 9 Are there any hygienic design requirement for the dosing and control of MAP gases