What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

2.3 Specification and Product Development Procedure

Started by , Aug 24 2012 08:09 PM
2 Replies
:helpplease:You could help me, please, with an example of the procedure to be followed for the 2.3 Specification and Product development. Or something which me Orient in the development of how to document and validate this point.

I hope that I do not find out, I am really confused!

Gracias and Tks.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Scope of Certification product specific Stainless-steel grades for product-contact equipment Steel-it epoxy paint for equipment product-contact surfaces Repackaging of Food Grade product 2.3.2.9 Specification
[Ad]
Can anyone provide Norma with some insight into his clause.

Much appreciated.
Simon
2 Thanks
2.3 Specification and Product Development section requires that you have a process in place for the development of new products. Essentially, you need to document your R&D process, e.g. the procedure for formulating for new products or changes to existing products from concept to commercialization. You will also need to address how specification criteria are arrived at (to show they are not plucked out of thin air, but based on trials, tests, etc.). Impacts to your food safety plan will need to be reflected when a new product is added or a product is change, like a HACCP reassessment.

Shelf life -- you will need to do shelf life trials to validate your products' storage, shelf life, stability, and consumer handling. If you determine shelf life testing is not necessary (i.e. you have previous data from a similar product), then you will need to document the justification for that decision with supporting evidence.

Like everything in SQF, you must keep records of all of this and show approvals on product design, processes, shelf life trials, etc.
1 Like2 Thanks

Similar Discussion Topics
Scope of Certification product specific Stainless-steel grades for product-contact equipment Steel-it epoxy paint for equipment product-contact surfaces Repackaging of Food Grade product 2.3.2.9 Specification FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats? Food Specification Requirements for food businesses in the UK? Food loss and waste procedure Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor?