What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

BRC Global Standard for Food Safety Issue 5 - Internal Audit Checklist

Started by , Sep 24 2012 11:44 AM
4 Replies
Internal Audit Template_Issue 5.docx   107.56KB   96 downloads

Hi Everyone

Having laboured for 2 days now, producing an Issue 5 checklist (BRC has kindly produced one for Issue 6, but not Issue 5), I thought it might be useful for others who still need to audit under Issue 5 until 'upgrading' to Issue 6.
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Storing food ingredients in same warehouse as food contact packaging Food Fraud Vulnerability Assessment (VACCP) and Food Defence (TACCP) and their Mitigation Plans Food Fraud & Food Defense NC for using non food grade oil in a compressor FSSC v6.0 internal audit
[Ad]
Where I don't doubt that you have put some time in to producing this document, was it really necessary?
Issue 6 has been in place since January, food businesses should really be running from the issue 6 hymn book from at the latest March or April.
Just my 2 cents, apologies if this comes off a bit negative.
1 Thank
You're right, but I had to do it myself for a series of internal audits and just thought it might be useful for anyone else in a similar position, even if they only needed one or two sections from it.

I've been able to save myself a lot of time from others' hard work that post here, so it's trying to give a little bit back, even though, as you say, it will be of limited value at this late hour!
Dear All,

As a Food Safety Officer that want to carry out GAP analysis for an enterprise what are the likely materials that I can use as a guide for this assignment.

Thank you.
My advice to you to complete a true gap, do the following:

1. Get the standard issue 6 of course
2. Get the interpretation guideline
3. Focus on the 10 fundamentals
4. Audit programs in your system that have a direct impact on the fundamentals
5. For deviations/ gaps identified in your internal audit, have corrective actions.
6. Confirm it was effective
7 Have measurable evidence/trends proving the corrective action in place fixes and closes the loop.

BRC is straight forward if your program is bulletproof.

Niru
1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Storing food ingredients in same warehouse as food contact packaging Food Fraud Vulnerability Assessment (VACCP) and Food Defence (TACCP) and their Mitigation Plans Food Fraud & Food Defense NC for using non food grade oil in a compressor FSSC v6.0 internal audit Utilization of Grape Seeds and analysis of potential applications in the food industry. Utilization of Grape Seeds and analysis of potential applications in the food industry. Utilization of Grape Seeds and analysis of potential applications in the food industry Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Packaging Materials Issue 7 Draft