What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

New Cold Storage Warehouse in Texas

Started by , Oct 01 2012 09:42 PM
3 Replies
I am looking into starting a cold storage, refrigerated and freezer, warehouse in Texas. Warehouse will be mainly for produce coming in and out of the ports. Can anyone point me in the right direction regarding what certifications etc. I will need at start up?

Thank You,
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Food Fraud for Storage and Distribution Warehouse Storing food ingredients in same warehouse as food contact packaging does storage like freezer and refrigerator considered prps ? HACCP plan for cold smoked trout Pecan, Almond and Other Nut Storage
[Ad]
Can anyone help our new member out with this query?

Thanks,
Simon

I am looking into starting a cold storage, refrigerated and freezer, warehouse in Texas. Warehouse will be mainly for produce coming in and out of the ports. Can anyone point me in the right direction regarding what certifications etc. I will need at start up?

Thank You,

From a food safety standpoint, I think the majority of your certifications will probably be customer driven. You should probably start your search on what you will need by looking at the requirements of your target customers. With that said, since it does not sound like you will be handling the food, a strong environmental program, GMPs with written instructions about how to handle damaged packaging and such, and the building being of sound design should get you through most certifications. Good luck!
You probably want to contact the Dallas USDA FSIS & FDA offices to determine inspection requirements. There are import restrictions for products inspected by both agencies that will need to be addressed.

Similar Discussion Topics
Food Fraud for Storage and Distribution Warehouse Storing food ingredients in same warehouse as food contact packaging does storage like freezer and refrigerator considered prps ? HACCP plan for cold smoked trout Pecan, Almond and Other Nut Storage Warehouse storage practice for Non-GMO Project What would be the best temperature and relative humidity for our rice mill warehouse storage facility? BRCGS Storage and Distribution - Clause 1.1.9 Customers want to rent our storage to store their products Warehouse Storage Practices