What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Does Anyone Know How to Calculate Customer Satisfaction?

Started by , Oct 22 2012 01:07 AM
15 Replies
Hi group

Is anyone knows how to calculate the customer satisfaction.
Thank you for help .

Regards

deedee
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
SQF Clause 5.2.1 - Artwork customer approval Customer labeling of frozen pizza How to calculate the juice content from formula? Passing through Food Safety Documents from our supplier to our customer Customer complaints for excess water in onions
[Ad]
To deedee from D-D:
I am not sure you can "calculate" it in numbers but you can track things like repeat orders, increased orders, complaints, new projects and opportunities etc to determine customer satisfaction. I guess you could assign figures to those things as rankings to make some sort of calculation if you wanted to...
1 Thank
Hi deedee

I would agree with D-D in that it's difficult to calculate true customer satisfaction without directly contacting them and asking them outright. Even then, the feedback that you receive may not always be accurate. The key is being able to know what your customer wants, and then delivering on that. Mutually agreeing on defined standards or specifications can give you the Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) that D-D described above - on time deliveries,short orders, etc....ongoing monitoring of these areas and documenting the results can provide you with quantitative data that can be reviewed to gauge customer satisfaction. (i.e. On time deliveries = 98%, Short orders < 2%,etc.)

Consumer complaints can be a good way to monitor the satisfaction of the end user of your product when the number of complaints based against the sum of your production. (X complaints per 10,000cs.)

Ultimately, it would be optimal to be able to see 100% customer satisfaction,and 0 consumer complaints. Unfortunately, we often times have to deal with real world results that aren't anywhere near that. Set realistic goals. Hold key staff members accountable. Review/follow up on results. When success is realized, set higher goals and repeat the process.

I’m interested to know if any forum members have a proven method of monitoring customer satisfaction.

-Chris

1 Thank
One other thing: some companies (especially large corporations...) think it is a good idea to come up with some sort of customer satisfaction survey and / or questionnaire. Be careful with that. Calling customers and taking up their time with this or asking them to fill out lengthy documents can quickly become a source of dis-satisfaction (I have written as much on these things myself and told "personal suppliers" like banks, insurance companies to stop calling me and take me off their survey list!).
1 Thank
About ten years ago I attended a Customer Satisfaction Measurement training course conducted by The Leadership Factor. They taught a methodology for surveying customers that in a nutshell meant you ask your customers to rate a number of criteria for importance and also satisfaction, which identified the largest gaps between what the customer perceived as being important and their satisfaction. These were the'priorities for improvement' for the organization - it also led to an overall Customer Satisfaction Index (score), that could be used for setting improvement targets. I used it two or three times and found it a very simple and effective methodology.

Check out a PowerPoint of the methodology here: Why measure customer satisfaction

and their website: The Leadership Factor

If you are interested I will try and dig out an example.

Regards,
Simon
1 Thank
I knew I'd posted the information previously, to save uploaded again see here:

Customer Satisfaction Measurement System

if you have questions just ask.

Regards,
Simon
1 Thank

Hi group

Is anyone knows how to calculate the customer satisfaction.
Thank you for help .

Regards

deedee

Customer satisfaction is more important for brand reputation........To measure customer satisfaction we have to conduct a survey for the customers by mailing the questionnaire or in person or contact them through phone !!

Hi,

I would go for the number of customer complaints for a given duration.

Regards,
Kamwenji
1 Thank

I knew I'd posted the information previously, to save uploaded again see here:

Customer Satisfaction Measurement System

if you have questions just ask.

Regards,
Simon

hi simon

Could you explain how to determine the importance score, weighting factor, satisfaction score, standard deviation, weighted score, difference imp/sat in your CSS result?

Thanks for help.

Regards

Deedee

hi simon

Could you explain how to determine the importance score, weighting factor, satisfaction score, standard deviation, weighted score, difference imp/sat in your CSS result?

Thanks for help.

Regards
Deedee

The importance and satisfaction scores come directly from the questionnaire. The difference between the importance and satisfaction scores are the Priorities for Improvement, obviously the larger the gap between Importance and Satisfaction the bigger the priority. I will have to check the master spreadsheet for the formulas for calculating std deviation, weighted score etc.

Regards,
Simon
As promised attached is the spreadsheet with equations - I highlighted wherever there is a sum.

Sorry for the delay.

Regards,
Simon

Attached Files

1 Thank

The importance and satisfaction scores come directly from the questionnaire. The difference between the importance and satisfaction scores are the Priorities for Improvement, obviously the larger the gap between Importance and Satisfaction the bigger the priority. I will have to check the master spreadsheet for the formulas for calculating std deviation, weighted score etc.

Regards,
Simon

Thank you very much Simon

Regards

Dee dee

I realise this is an incredibly old post, but there's an error in Simon's spreadsheet; the figures calculated in columns BH and BI are only including partial data. They use columns J to AW, but the data extends from J to BG.

Hi Simon,

I don't suppose you still have the CSI Calculation spreadsheet available do you?

The link above appears to be dead :(

Cheers,

Paul

Hi Simon,

I don't suppose you still have the CSI Calculation spreadsheet available do you?

The link above appears to be dead :(

Cheers,

Paul

Hi Paul,

if you mean post 5, 11, seem to work for me.

Similar Discussion Topics
SQF Clause 5.2.1 - Artwork customer approval Customer labeling of frozen pizza How to calculate the juice content from formula? Passing through Food Safety Documents from our supplier to our customer Customer complaints for excess water in onions Managing Customer Audit Dates: Seeking Advice on Rescheduling for Convenience FDA Regulation of Customer Reviews: DS Health Claims Does anyone know how to calculate the pH of the food? How to respond customer complaint regarding pH out of spec Help to calculate thickness of coating layer