What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Production and Quality Control of Pregelatinized Flour?

Started by , Oct 25 2012 09:08 AM
3 Replies
Hello

I'm new member and working to a mill industry. Recently we had a request from one of our clients about a preger flour. I need any help about it as its the first time i met it.
What about pregel flour? Does it needs a specific industrial equipment for its production and which are they? Need to use a specific wheat? And also which is the main parameter need to be on control and with which lab instrument?

Thank you in advance
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Fumes in the Production Facility Using cattle salt-non food grade on a food production line Production Personnel Wearing Finger Nail Polish and Gloves Specifications for Micro Testing of Water used in Food Production
[Ad]
Hi Georgias,

I believe it works the same way as pregelatinized starch.

What happens is that they cook the starch until they gelatinize, then they dry the paste into powder, so that the end user needs only to add room temperature water to get thick viscosity without having to cook the starch again.

Hope the above helps. And welcome to the forum.
1 Thank
Thank you Hongyun,

I also supposed so, but tell me if you know the most important parameter is the viscosity to the final product? And should we buy a viscometer or can we have a reliable result by amylograph? And which are the limits?
Hi Georgias,

I believe it works the same way as pregelatinized starch.

What happens is that they cook the starch until they gelatinize, then they dry the paste into powder, so that the end user needs only to add room temperature water to get thick viscosity without having to cook the starch again.

Hope the above helps. And welcome to the forum.

[/quote]
I'm no expert in the starch field, but I guess a Brookfield Viscometer would be good to check the viscosity. Alternatively, you can also get a Consistometer for fast results.

As for parameters, I found this. You could probably find more of these specs if you check google/yahoo.

Similar Discussion Topics
Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Fumes in the Production Facility Using cattle salt-non food grade on a food production line Production Personnel Wearing Finger Nail Polish and Gloves Specifications for Micro Testing of Water used in Food Production Inhalers in production rooms Suitable Flashlights for Inspections by the Production Team If the production sites water comes from a town or regional water supply, do we still need to do water monitoring? How to maintain a receiving and production system for recall? Does a Quality Manager need to be on site any time production is running?