What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How to address allergens when our product is fish?

Started by , Oct 26 2012 11:04 AM
2 Replies
Hi all,

how can we address the allergen in the product when we have our product itself is an allergen-FISH,

Regards,

SANS

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats? Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? How would I verify my HACCP Plan for new product? FSSC v6 2.5.6 Management of Allergens
[Ad]
While your product is classified as an allergen, you now need to think about the controls to prevent it being contaminated by other allergens - especially peanuts, tree nuts and sesame which are usually the ones of most concern.
1 Thank
Hi Sans,

some of it depends on the legislation in your country... whether you need to declare the product itself as an allergen, as well as any allergens which you may be adding to it.

If you are processing a mix of products f ex fish, crustaceans, molluscs, you must do a risk assessment on the probability of cross contamination from one to another.

I have come across this in a shellfish production facility which has molluscs and crustaceans and they had to do an in depth risk assessment regarding cross contamination.

Hope this helps
1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats? Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? How would I verify my HACCP Plan for new product? FSSC v6 2.5.6 Management of Allergens COOL - Substantial Transformation of fish (USA) Tips for preventing recalls due to undeclared allergens Tips for preventing recalls due to undeclared allergens Tips for preventing recalls due to undeclared allergens Foreign Material Handling for product with meat filling