What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Anyone have some sample SOP's for equipment cleaning instructions?

Started by , Nov 17 2012 01:41 PM
8 Replies
Anyone have some sample SOP's for equipment cleaning instructions? We produce paperboard folding cartons. The only examples I've found on the Web are related to Food Processing Equipment.
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
New Equipment and Commissioning Checklist Template FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Sample for distribution of Supplements finished Goods Designing Sample Request Format
[Ad]

Anyone have some sample SOP's for equipment cleaning instructions? We produce paperboard folding cartons. The only examples I've found on the Web are related to Food Processing Equipment.

I have attached one of my cleaning procedures. The content is not what is important, the things that you must address are.
I wouldn't think it matters if it's a dough extruder or a box taper.

As far as content for the procedure goes, have a look through the operation and maintenance manual for the equipment in question to see if there are any recommended cleaning procedures.

Marshall

Attached Files

1 Like4 Thanks

Hi there,

A couple of samples attached. I guess the first is more appropriate but you could adapt to the style of the second.

Equipment Cleaning Procedure & Record Short.pdf   71.42KB   611 downloads

Sample Equipment Cleaning Procedure.pdf   397.19KB   599 downloads

Regards,

Tony
2 Likes4 Thanks
Thanks for the samples! I'm creating a cleaning program for our entire facility. Most of our machines are very similiar in nature. Some will produce direct food contact packaging, and some will not. Should the procedures for cleaning them be different, or should I hold them all to the same standard?
Just to add my piece - I would hold them all to the same standard. That way there is never any doubt when you use them as training documents.
My other addition to what has been said before is use pictures as much as possible. They provide an "idiots guide" to cleaning the equipment and to the parts that are important.

I use Key Inspection points on my procedures so that if someone new is checking the cleanliness of the equipment they know where the trouble spots are and also which parts of the machine must be perfectly clean.

Phil
Hi,

Have a look what we have on our site. It is easy to follow and very clear what to do.

Regards
Agnes

Attached Files

1 Like5 Thanks

Hi,

Have a look what we have on our site. It is easy to follow and very clear what to do.

Regards
Agnes

Hi Agnes

I like that you've put in colour coding for cleaning equipment.

How do you distinguish between cleaning equipment in raw & finished product areas?

Kind regards,

Tony
1 Thank
We've got several printing presses that are very similiar in nature. Can I write up a general equipment cleaning procedure that would apply to every press, or do I need to have a seperate procedure for each press? I think this is where alot of the confusion come into play when talking about HACCP for Packaging vs HACCP for Food Processors. In processing their are several types of equipment with different functions. In packaging, it's pretty basic. Printing Press, Gluer, Palletizer. Just not sure how in depth this needs to be? Thanks for the samples everyone!

We've got several printing presses that are very similiar in nature. Can I write up a general equipment cleaning procedure that would apply to every press, or do I need to have a seperate procedure for each press? I think this is where alot of the confusion come into play when talking about HACCP for Packaging vs HACCP for Food Processors. In processing their are several types of equipment with different functions. In packaging, it's pretty basic. Printing Press, Gluer, Palletizer. Just not sure how in depth this needs to be? Thanks for the samples everyone!

Dear Skredsfan,

While making any document, always focus on the purpose and necessity of document.
If a single document fulfills multiple requirements without making the document complex in term of application or understanding at point of use, then go for it.
I have no experience of printing presses but as per your statement, if all your machines have different functions, you have to make separate SOP's for all because you have to define different procedures. You may group or categorize some machines with similar functions and make one SOP for each group. Also, do not forget that you should not only to cater cleaning instructions with respect to hygiene but to preventive maintenance of the machine too.

Regards:
M.Zeeshan

Similar Discussion Topics
New Equipment and Commissioning Checklist Template FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Sample for distribution of Supplements finished Goods Designing Sample Request Format The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification COP Ancillary Equipment Anyone have a template for the V6 Risk Based Plan for Tanker Cleaning risk assessment?