What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Who should be the authorising person of the ISO 22000 manual?

Started by , Dec 06 2012 11:00 AM
4 Replies
Hi,
Who should be the authorising person of the ISO 22000 manual... Managing director? CEO? or Quality manager?
1 Thank
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
From what perspective to I write my Food Safety Manual when manufacturing is outsourced Required Food Safety Training for Employees Under FSSC 22000 FSSC 22000 Implementation but have non-food Products How to make a Quality Manual? Is FSSC 22000 (Cat G) certification transferrable if facility moves to a new location after getting initial certification?
[Ad]
depends on your organisation.
1 Thank
The one from your top management who is directly involved in the implementation of the FSMS, especially in the 'provision of resources'.

Regards.

2 Thanks
I hope this helps,

It will depend of your organizational chart.

They way I have it is as follows:

CEO of the company: Resposible for authorizing and signing the Policy Manual, Policy statements, and HACCP Manual once a year. Policy Manual includes all the Food Safety Manuals.

Corporate QA Director, Chief Operating Officer, and Human Resources resposible to revise and approve all Food Safety individual manuals and policy statements once a year.

Plant Manager, QA Manager, and Process Improvement Manager review and approve individual Policies procedures and records once a year.

All these can be documented as Management review and internal Audits.

This is my suggestion,

Kellio

Hi,
Who should be the authorising person of the ISO 22000 manual... Managing director? CEO? or Quality manager?

1 Thank
Dear sama,

Since this is an ISO Standard, my expectation is that ISO have offered an "official" opinion on this somewhere, probably as a footnote.

In 9000 times, I seem to remember a "Management Representative".

(aka "fall guy" so usually QA Manager)

Rgds / Charles.C
1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
From what perspective to I write my Food Safety Manual when manufacturing is outsourced Required Food Safety Training for Employees Under FSSC 22000 FSSC 22000 Implementation but have non-food Products How to make a Quality Manual? Is FSSC 22000 (Cat G) certification transferrable if facility moves to a new location after getting initial certification? FSSC publishes Version 6 of the FSSC 22000 scheme FSSC 22000 - 2.5.10 Transport Storage and Warehousing Implementing an FSSC 22000 Version 6 Compliant Food Safety and Quality Management System Implementing an FSSC 22000 Version 6 Compliant Food Safety and Quality Management System FSSC 22000 Food Safety Management System for Food Manufacturers - Version 6