What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Does anyone have experience using solid state disinfection?

Started by , Jan 26 2013 07:32 PM
8 Replies
Hi all,

Does anyone here have any experience of using solid state disinfection?

I am thinking of an area like an interlock where supplies from outside have to come inside to a high risk area. The idea would be to have crystals spread on the floor that would sanitise wheels on trollys, or pallet trucks. I been looking on the interweb but nothing is jumping out at me. Do these products even exist.......
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How to state Air / Yeast & Mould count ? Does anyone have experience with 3M Scrub Stick? Does anyone have experience with Monday.com as a Quality Management System and Supplier Management System? Does anyone have any experience in the new Anderson PPR System (paperless) in CA? Does anyone have any information about or experience with Candida valida?
[Ad]

Hi all,

I am thinking of an area like an interlock where supplies from outside have to come inside to a high risk area. The idea would be to have crystals spread on the floor that would sanitise wheels on trollys, or pallet trucks. I been looking on the interweb but nothing is jumping out at me. Do these products even exist.......

Idle hands ....minds ?

Nonetheless there is certainly always room for improvement -

http://tonightsforec...-sanitizer.html

Rgds / Charles.C

Hi all,

A Tyre dip / Tyre bath with 200ppm chlorine...................?
A bath is the only idea I can think of in that regard... Some sort of shallow pool that the forklift would drive through. But then you have to examine how often that water is kept before it loses its effectiveness, and how to control the spillage as the forklift drives out of the area. Also, how to verify chlorine is effective when the surface isn't cleaned before hand (auditor once gave me a metaphor that "you can sterilize a pile of dog feces, but it's still feces").

I'm eager to read how others are handling sanitation of tires. We've included tires in some zone micro testing, but never had a hit so it hasn't popped up as a hazard.
I used to work in medical materials. You could import technology from there e.g. silver impregnated surfaces or polymers with quaternary ammonium functionality. I also came across a company with a surface micro-textured like a shark's skin; apparently this stopped bugs sticking to it.
p.s. I doubt any of this is practical or useful but may be found to be mildly interesting...
hmmmpfff

If I want to be made fun of I can go into the factory

hmmmpfff

Ecolab carries a dry quat that can be broadcasted where needed, and if I recall correctly they also carry a foam sanitizer that can used with a sensor operated dispenser that will apply a specified measure of foam from each side of the entry at floor level when movement is detected This eliminates the need to constantly monitor and change out bath/pool type applications.

Best of luck!
S.

1 Thank

hmmmpfff

Dear trubertq,

Apologies if you were disappointed with interpretation of your OP (mea culpa) but it unluckily appeared almost synchronously with this contribution -

http://www.ifsqn.com...dpost__p__58545

I daresay even the genius Heath Robinson's conceptions were probably initially viewed with a degree of disbelief -
http://en.wikipedia...._Heath_Robinson

Best Rgds / Charles.C

Dear trubertq,

Apologies if you were disappointed with interpretation of your OP (mea culpa) but it unluckily appeared almost synchronously with this contribution -

http://www.ifsqn.com...dpost__p__58545

I daresay even the genius Heath Robinson's conceptions were probably initially viewed with a degree of disbelief -
http://en.wikipedia...._Heath_Robinson

Best Rgds / Charles.C

Well Charles,

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day!!

The product is used in Canadia (sic), and if it kills me I will find it and send you a sample....

Divosan G-8 Sanitizer from Johnson Diversey

Similar Discussion Topics
How to state Air / Yeast & Mould count ? Does anyone have experience with 3M Scrub Stick? Does anyone have experience with Monday.com as a Quality Management System and Supplier Management System? Does anyone have any experience in the new Anderson PPR System (paperless) in CA? Does anyone have any information about or experience with Candida valida? Does anyone have experience with Ishida dry fillers? Food Safety Team Leader Experience Does anyone have any experience of spoilage in soft cheese? If a product contains less than 2% soybean oil does the label have to state that it contains soy? A negative BRCGS Auditor experience