What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What Temporary Engineering procedures and controls do you operate?

Started by , Mar 11 2013 02:37 PM
6 Replies
if you're not careful operators will build a new factory out of cardboard and tape.

ADDED: made the attached record - will this do the job?

Thanks,
Simon

Attached Files

1 Thank
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Transportation Procedures Supply Chain Preventive Controls How do you handle temporary and seasonal employees? Food Security Policies and Procedures
[Ad]
Your exactly right Simon. I once seen maintenance employees duck tape a drive and gearbox in place 20' feet in the air to continue operations. We have come quite aways since then, but no doubt if left to thier own devices they might do it again. Now days Temporary Engineering/Repairs are closely monitered, approved and logged (almost identical to the document you attached) to make sure we dont create a food safety hazard and to make sure we have permanente fixtures in place in a resonable time period. We also specify what materials can and cannot be used for the temporary fixture.

1 Like
Here at Lucky Country, we do not allow Temporaries Repairs.

thats our policy. it is either fixed properly or we will not run. so far i t has been followed.
Thanks for your replies, I will run this document and see how it goes.
Perhaps with some guidance on the types of materials they can and cannot use.

Thanks,
Simon
I like the idea of specifying what is or isn't permitted as a band-aid fix. Have conducted the policies for temporary maintenance but not included that! Thanks for the idea.

Simon, also really like your form. Simple, clear, informative.

I like the idea of specifying what is or isn't permitted as a band-aid fix. Have conducted the policies for temporary maintenance but not included that! Thanks for the idea.

Simon, also really like your form. Simple, clear, informative.

Thanks for the feedback JAKMQA.

Regards,
Simon

if you're not careful operators will build a new factory out of cardboard and tape.

ADDED: made the attached record - will this do the job?

Thanks,
Simon

Hi Simon

I do a risk assessment that covers Food Safety & Health & Safety.
After the repair is made, i take photographs, which i attach to the risk assessment.
If applicable, i will take a sample of the material used and also attach that to the risk assessment.

I have complete buy in from my senior engineer, he knows i'm not doing it to be awkward, and if i'm not there, he will complete the documentation for me.

Seems to work for us, although we do have very little temporary repairs, its worth having the system in place.

Caz x

Similar Discussion Topics
Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Transportation Procedures Supply Chain Preventive Controls How do you handle temporary and seasonal employees? Food Security Policies and Procedures External Cleaning Contractor Procedures and Records Changeover and documentation procedures requirements SQF Addendum - FDA Preventive Controls Audit Checklist Temporary Repairs Policy (SQF) Do we need to add plastic cat trap to our Glass and Brittle Plastic controls?