What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Neogen Reveal 3D (Swab Area/ Critical Limits?)

Started by , Mar 12 2013 09:41 PM
5 Replies
For those who do swab tests using Neogen Reveal 3D, how big of an area do you swab to keep the test results meaningful? I do not see any specific mention of this on the procedure?
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Neogen Supply Neogen Kit for L.monocytogenes Testing ATP Sanitation Monitoring Products: Neogen, 3M, MVP feedback
[Ad]
Hi teioh3,
The area I use is 50mm x 50mm (or 2 inch square) and find this is sufficient for meaningful results.
Regards cosmo
1 Thank

For those who do swab tests using Neogen Reveal 3D, how big of an area do you swab to keep the test results meaningful? I do not see any specific mention of this on the procedure?

We run dry grain and was planing to swab a piece of equipment at the end of the line.
teioh3,

In literature I have from Neogen, they suggest using a 10cm x 10cm area with a cross hatch pattern. I am surprised that their online documentation is more vague. It is the same size whether it is dry or wet sampling.

I hope this is helpful.
S.

teioh3,

In literature I have from Neogen, they suggest using a 10cm x 10cm area with a cross hatch pattern. I am surprised that their online documentation is more vague. It is the same size whether it is dry or wet sampling.

I hope this is helpful.
S.

10 cm x 10 cm crosshatch is correct. See pg 7 on the attached document from Neogen.

Attached Files

2 Thanks

10 cm x 10 cm crosshatch is correct. See pg 7 on the attached document from Neogen.

Thanks very much!

Similar Discussion Topics
Neogen Supply Neogen Kit for L.monocytogenes Testing ATP Sanitation Monitoring Products: Neogen, 3M, MVP feedback