What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF Ed 7 Modules 9 versus Module 11

Started by , Mar 17 2013 03:06 PM
3 Replies
I work for a boning and further processing operation. We recieve carcasses that are boned and sold to further processors however we don't harvest live animals. We also produce case ready products from the boned products. Should we select module 9 or 11 or both for certication?
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Gloves Versus Handwashing Example of a Risk Assessment on metal detection versus x-ray HAVI voluntary module for BRCGS Packaging SQF Pest Control Module 10 How were you able to satisfy module 11, Lighting and light fittings 11.1.3
[Ad]

I work for a boning and further processing operation. We recieve carcasses that are boned and sold to further processors however we don't harvest live animals. We also produce case ready products from the boned products. Should we select module 9 or 11 or both for certication?

Kevin - you first need to establish what your Food Sector Category/Categories is/are.

That will dictate your modules that will apply to your operation/products.

Glenn Oster

http://www.getgoc.com
In addition to GOC's suggestion (which starts on page 18 of the SQF standard):

One of the sites I am currently working with has very similar processes as yourself... and they use Module 11.

Hi Kevin,

SQF provides guidance on Food Sector Categories in Appendix 1 of the SQF Code.

SQF Categories 7 & 8_001.png   153.36KB   11 downloads

You appear to fall into Category Number 7: Slaughterhouse, Boning and Butchery Operations which requires Module 2: System elements & Module 9: GMP for pre-processing of animal products. You would normally agree the scope with your certification body so it may be worth confirming with your intended certification body.

Regards,

Tony

Similar Discussion Topics
Gloves Versus Handwashing Example of a Risk Assessment on metal detection versus x-ray HAVI voluntary module for BRCGS Packaging SQF Pest Control Module 10 How were you able to satisfy module 11, Lighting and light fittings 11.1.3 Why does SQF start on Module 2? SQF 9. Module 11. Risk Analysis Query Checklist for Module 11 SQF 9.0 How have others successfully argued exemption to SQF Modules? SQF FSC2 2.4.2 Module 18 - GAP SOP Template or ideas for Indoor Agricultural