What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How do you dry clean your sheeting conveyor belts?

Started by , Mar 19 2013 07:12 PM
5 Replies

For those of you that work in dry environments, how do you clean your sheeting conveyor belts? Are they fabric?

We have used a vacuum with a brush attachment thus far, but I don't think it's a great idea to use bristles that may fall out. What other options are there?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
BRCGS Cleaning equipment in clean area How to clean and sanitize in a chocolate & confectionary facility? Drying and storing clean utensils and parts in utility sinks Metal detector conveyor stopped working Why do we need to deep clean?
[Ad]
You can conduct a hazard analysis on your belts if you find necessary.

We produce corrugated boxes which that run on both steel rollers and plastic conveyors. I would consider your conveyor belts a no risk item. We do not include them in our risk assessment and the auditor has never brought them up.

The only issue would be is if someone contaminates your belts by dropping a liquid of some kind but you should be able to see contaminants on your products and your employees should be trained to stop production and alert a superior.

Hope this helps.
I should specify: dry environment = dough production

It would depend on what touches the conveyor belts.   We also use vacuum cleaners to clean a dry environment.   All of ours also do not come in contact with food.   If your food touches the conveyor belts, I would check into food grade sanitizing spray.

If they are fabric belts, I would not suggest a liquid sanitizing spray.

a) you are wetting a fabric belt

b) you are sanitizing a surface that is not "clean"

This really all depends on your process. I have fabric belts and really do not do anything to clean them. The baking process is considered a kill step. Is this the best solution? Probably not, but outside of changing all belts to a material that can be wet cleaned and sanitized, you don't have too many options.

And even with that, you open yourself to many other issues that go with wet cleaning. 

Marshall

Use compressed air

Similar Discussion Topics
BRCGS Cleaning equipment in clean area How to clean and sanitize in a chocolate & confectionary facility? Drying and storing clean utensils and parts in utility sinks Metal detector conveyor stopped working Why do we need to deep clean? Will bacteria grow on a modular conveyor? SQF Plant - Using Boiling Water and Wipe to Clean the equipment without Detergent and Sanitizer Ideas on how to clean in a warehouse freezer? Swabbing using 3M Clean-Trace Luminometer Bagging during clean downs