What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Do I need a daily inspection of all my laboratory glassware?

Started by , Apr 19 2013 01:26 PM
3 Replies
Hi!

Im working with the SQF code for a fruit proccesing plant. Do i need a daily inspection of all my laboratory glassware?
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Calculating percent (%) DV (daily value) for protein? Outbound and Inbound Shipment Vehicle Inspection Probability of Detection with X-ray Inspection Technology Probability of Detection with X-ray Inspection Technology Probability of Detection with X-ray Inspection Technology
[Ad]

Hi!

Im working with the SQF code for a fruit proccesing plant. Do i need a daily inspection of all my laboratory glassware?

Is yoyr laboratory in the plant or a seperate unit?

If it's in the plant, then i would say yes.

Caz x
1 Thank
If you can leave the glassware inside a non-production area (aka the lab), that would be ideal. Then you could treat any glass taken out into the production area for sample collection as another tool, to be checked out and returned intact/clean. Just make sure that per your glass and hard plastic policy, operators and QA personnel are trained to shutdown production and report any broken glass or plastic on the production floor.
1 Thank
As Caz has suggested if the lab is not located within the production area and staff are not moving routinely between the lab and production then the risk is limited and the frequency of inspection can be reduced, More info would be helpful...

George

Similar Discussion Topics
Calculating percent (%) DV (daily value) for protein? Outbound and Inbound Shipment Vehicle Inspection Probability of Detection with X-ray Inspection Technology Probability of Detection with X-ray Inspection Technology Probability of Detection with X-ray Inspection Technology 100% Label Inspection 100% Label Inspection 100% Label Inspection Sharps Control - Required inspection frequency? Tips on having an FDA inspection