What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Need help defining a facility microbiological swabbing program?

Started by , Apr 25 2013 02:33 PM
4 Replies
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to get some thoughts on how to conduct swabbing/sampling inside our facility. I ordered some listeria, salmonella & enterobacteriaceae sampling kits. My thought was to test a couple floor drains for listeria, and test various equipment and employee hands for salmonella and enterobacteriaceae. My thought was to randomly sample a piece of equipment and/or employee hands, and then sample a cleaned piece of equipment/and or employee hands. My thought was that this would show the effectiveness of proper hand washing and equipment cleaning vs soiled hands and/or equipment. Any thoughts on this? We produce paperboard packaging for food, beverage & other consumer products. As always, thank you everyone for your suggestions.

Shane
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Hairnets for a packaging component manufacturing facility Microbiological Test Standard Skip Lot Program For Raw Materials Developing a Workplace Safety Program Zosi’s Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP) and risk assessment templates
[Ad]
Dear skredsfan,

Any particular standard for certification envisaged ?

If not, i admire yr enthusiasm.

Rgds / Charles.C
Thanks Charles!

We're pursuing the FSSC 22000 Certification.

Shane
Dear skredsfan,

Just a starter, the first 8 pgs may be of interest.

Environmental Monitoring.pdf   214.23KB   120 downloads

Rgds / Charles.C
3 Thanks
Dear skredsfan,

Just a starter, the first 8 pgs may be of interest.

Environmental Monitoring.pdf   214.23KB   120 downloads

Rgds / Charles.C

Thanks Charles! This is very informative
1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Hairnets for a packaging component manufacturing facility Microbiological Test Standard Skip Lot Program For Raw Materials Developing a Workplace Safety Program Zosi’s Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP) and risk assessment templates Fumes in the Production Facility Environmental Testing Limits For Dry Pulse Processing Facility What would be the best temperature and relative humidity for our rice mill warehouse storage facility? Developing an Environment / ATP Swab Program Pallet treatment standards for a food facility