What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What glass and sharps controls are necessary in a laboratory?

Started by , May 03 2013 08:13 AM
2 Replies
Hello

I am reviewing glass and sharps policy at my place and I am stuck with the lab, what I mean by that is:

- Our Lab is away from production lines

- There is some glass which will break in the lab – do you really think we need to follow glass breakage policy each time or have something different in the lab.

- As we will be ordering missing /broken items on frequent basis it means the inventory will change all the time – how to overcome this?

Please help – its Friday nice weather outside and cannot think straight J

Agnes

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Supply Chain Preventive Controls Glass Registry BRCGS 4.9.3 Glass, brittle plastic, ceramics, and similar
[Ad]

The lab is totally separate, but is their personnel traffic between lab and production or any other hygienic department.  If so you need some controls; if not then I would not expect any controls.

Hello

I am reviewing glass and sharps policy at my place and I am stuck with the lab, what I mean by that is:

- Our Lab is away from production lines

- There is some glass which will break in the lab – do you really think we need to follow glass breakage policy each time or have something different in the lab.

- As we will be ordering missing /broken items on frequent basis it means the inventory will change all the time – how to overcome this?

Please help – its Friday nice weather outside and cannot think straight J

Agnes

Dear Agnes,

Also see this thread -

http://www.ifsqn.com...tory-glassware/

Rgds / Charles.C

Similar Discussion Topics
Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Supply Chain Preventive Controls Glass Registry BRCGS 4.9.3 Glass, brittle plastic, ceramics, and similar Glass Policy and SOP Glass and Hard plastic check Glass and Brittle Plastic Register Glass and Brittle Plastic Inventory (form) SQF Addendum - FDA Preventive Controls Audit Checklist