What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

BRC Clause 4.9.1.1 gene-E?

Started by , May 08 2013 03:59 PM
2 Replies
In the Standard Interpretation Guidelines under clause 4.9.1.1 It states the following 'Chemicals that are likely to come into direct contact with foods when used as intended (for example,
materials such as oils or lubricants used on machinery), as well as terminal sanitisers that are designed to be used without rinsing with water, should be confirmed as suitable for food use. (This would not include gene-E, detergents and cleaning materials, as these should not come into direct contact with food.)'

Can anyone please tell me what is gene-E? I've searched the internet, but have not found the answer. :helpplease:? 
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
ISO 22000:2018 - Clause 4.3 SQF Clause 5.2.1 - Artwork customer approval BRCGS Storage and Distribution - Clause 1.1.9 BRCGS Clause 3.11.3 - Incident management test must include a recall test? Clause 8.5.1.2 - Characteristics of raw materials, ingredients and product contact materials
[Ad]

In the Standard Interpretation Guidelines under clause 4.9.1.1 It states the following 'Chemicals that are likely to come into direct contact with foods when used as intended (for example,
materials such as oils or lubricants used on machinery), as well as terminal sanitisers that are designed to be used without rinsing with water, should be confirmed as suitable for food use. (This would not include gene-E, detergents and cleaning materials, as these should not come into direct contact with food.)'

Can anyone please tell me what is gene-E? I've searched the internet, but have not found the answer. :helpplease:? 

Hi Skye

The Interpretation Guideline (June 2012) I have states 'This would not include general detergents and cleaning materials as these should not come into direct contact with food'

There is no mention of gene-E, which guidelines are you looking at?

Regards,

Tony

Thanks for clearing that up Tony. I have the 2012 Interpretation Guidelines and it says gene-E in my copy, but it must be a typing error. I thought it was come biochemical term I hadn't come across! :giggle:

Regards

Skye

Similar Discussion Topics
ISO 22000:2018 - Clause 4.3 SQF Clause 5.2.1 - Artwork customer approval BRCGS Storage and Distribution - Clause 1.1.9 BRCGS Clause 3.11.3 - Incident management test must include a recall test? Clause 8.5.1.2 - Characteristics of raw materials, ingredients and product contact materials FSSC 22000 Clause 2.5.1 - Management of Services and Purchased Materials BRCGS clause 3.5 BRCGS Clause 3.7.5 - Supply Chain Traceability FSSC 22000 Clause 2.5.7 - Environmental Monitoring Programme Addressing clause 6.1 and clause 8.1 in ISO 22000:2018