What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

BRC Issue 6 Risk Assessments

Started by , May 14 2013 01:06 PM
7 Replies

Our company is going for its first GFSI certification with BRC, and I have a few questions that I'm looking for help with.

Do the risk assessments for BRC need to be individual controlled documents? Do they need to be done on a regular basis, or just reviewed when there is a change to the system?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree Environmental Monitoring Risk Assessment Ceiling issue fix Ingredient risk assesment Example of a risk assessment template
[Ad]

I have done them individually but using the same document if you know what I mean..... The Risk assessment document is generic and then filled out according to what you are risk assessing.

I review them annually, and if anything changes in the system. It's worked so far...

I got this template on here somewhere.

Attached Files

1 Thank

Thank you for the information and the template.

Hi WowQC

All of my risk assessments are document controlled, even though the template is generic. Although i do have some bespoke risk assessments for some things.

I also review all risk assessments at least twice annually, uually as part of my HACCP review seeing as the majority of them are connected to food safety.

Caz x

Hi WowQC

All of my risk assessments are document controlled, even though the template is generic. Although i do have some bespoke risk assessments for some things.

I also review all risk assessments at least twice annually, uually as part of my HACCP review seeing as the majority of them are connected to food safety.

Caz x

Do you do your risk assessments in connection with the HACCP plan, or independently? Thanks.

Hi WowQ,

We review our risk assessments based on the individual standards annually and they are a controlled document, Attached is a template we use (BRC V6 Section 4.2.1 - Security).  We also incorporate past history for consideration (i.e. occurrences, customer complaints)

Hope it helps

Note the levels we use are: 1-6 for likelihood and severity.

Attached Files

1 Thank

Our company is going for its first GFSI certification with BRC, and I have a few questions that I'm looking for help with.

Do the risk assessments for BRC need to be individual controlled documents? Do they need to be done on a regular basis, or just reviewed when there is a change to the system?

Dear WowQC,

Based on various previous threads / examples, the problem can occasionally be met that the textual phrasing of BRC does not always align to a (haccp-type) risk assessment as can be readily handled with a generic template.

Personally, i think BRC do it deliberately so as to compete with SQF's "validation". :smile:

Rgds / Charles.C

PS - "GFSI certification" seems to have become a popular terminology but i believe it has no direct (GFSI) meaning.

Do you do your risk assessments in connection with the HACCP plan, or independently? Thanks.

I do both

Some risk assessments connected with HACCP for stuff such as pre-requisites or allergens, and others for things such as equipment validation or legionella

Caz x

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree Environmental Monitoring Risk Assessment Ceiling issue fix Ingredient risk assesment Example of a risk assessment template Health & Safety Risk Assessment Zosi’s Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP) and risk assessment templates Is pulling the cords out from the ear buds a risk to contamination? Anyone have a template for the V6 Risk Based Plan for Tanker Cleaning risk assessment? BRCGS 8.1.2 - Cooked Crustacea High Risk-High Care