What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

New Member Greetings

Started by , May 16 2013 04:47 PM
2 Replies

Hello! I have to admit, I've been lurking to see if any of this information may be helpful, and I found it has been. This is a great place to share our knowledge and help accomplish our goals. So I went ahead and signed up!

I currently work for an ingredient manufacturing facility with BRC certification. We have a wonderful team and everyone works together. What I do is handle the corporate documents and policy manuals, so I am inherently involved in high audit prep for all of our locations internationally, so I must be aware of many laws and regulations.

I want to take the step towards moving into operational auditing -whether with an outside company or as an internal auditor type of position: Similar to BRC, SQF, or ISO auditing. I just finished my Bus. Mgt. AS degree and have quite the options in front of me. I am older, so I have about 5 years of government auditing, 4 years of ISO:9000 & ISO:9001 (those were not food, but automotive manufacturing) experience under my belt, and now 3 years of BRC preparations. I was wondering if anyone had any advice as to the educational direction I should be looking into? I do plan on accomplishing certifications on my own, but there again, I am unsure as to which ones would be most beneficial and have the most impact when I send my resumes out. (I have seen affordable certifications for HACCP and internal auditing, as these are things I must accomplish on my own due to the nature of my position in my business; I will not have corporate representation.)

Any thoughts, opinions, professional advice, even personal experience sharing is welcome. I look forward to hearing from anyone to help me travel down the most appropriate path for myself and my professional future.

Cheers!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
May 2024 - Member of the Month Member of the Month - April 2024 Member of the Month - March 2024 Glad to become a member New member
[Ad]

Welcome

Dear New Direction,

Welcome to the forum ! :welcome:

It’s a fascinating resume and questioning content.

Having previously sampled the quagmire of automotive standards when developing BRC manuals, I think you have seen the toughest stuff already in the documentative sense.

After traveling around on a lot of self-taught, wandering, inspectorial functions related to food consignments  / processing facilities, I truly admire certified auditors who have brought a measure of systematic analysis into the field, even if I often don’t agree with them on technical details.

As you may already have noticed, there are a variety of threads here on “directions” for auditors although I think most are from “just starters”. Logically you should have more scope. Interesting to see responses.

Rgds / Charles.C

Similar Discussion Topics
May 2024 - Member of the Month Member of the Month - April 2024 Member of the Month - March 2024 Glad to become a member New member New Member Member of the Month - February 2024 Member of the Month - January 2024 Member of the Month - December 2023 Definitely not a new member...