Started by , Jul 03 2013 09:12 AM
18 Replies

Hello!

Is there such aS PEN POLICY?

thankz :-)

Rgrds/ QAD_Rebisco

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
New Amazon Dietary Supplement Testing Policy SQF 11.3.3.8 - Jewellery Policy regarding plain bands Debagging Policy Food Fraud Policy Food Defence Policy
[Ad]

Hi,

As I do not know anything about what area I am assuming you are referring to the food production area. In this case there is such thing as a pen policy. For example in my own operation I do not permit any pens other than all in one piece, metal detectable pens. This is then monitored daily. I hope this is of help.

Kind Regards.

Thankz a lot...

our company is processing dry products such as biscuit, cakes, snackfoods, chocolates, cream paste and wafer stick.

Rgds / QAD_Rebisco

Yes the policy is simple as mentioned already and a little added:

1. Single piece
2. Not made of brittle plastic
3. Metal detectable
4. Should work well :smile:
5. Issued by the company
6. Nobody allowed to bring their own pen
7. Include in training
8. Check during audit
9. Daily monitored by supervisors

Can anyone think of anything else to pad it out to 10? :lol:

Regards,
Simon
1 Like3 Thanks

Also in the GMP side, only pens preferably, blue or black should be used when completing documents/forms, no pencils, no white-out, or total obliteration of mistakes.  As for keeping a pen on the person, our policy is nothing above the waist such as pens or cell phones in the production area, (best it no breast pockets or buttons on clothing above the waist). Hope that helps. 

1 Thank

We just require all who enter the production area log in and out all loose items, pens included.

Yes the policy is simple as mentioned already and a little added:

1. Single piece
2. Not made of brittle plastic
3. Metal detectable
4. Should work well :smile:
5. Issued by the company
6. Nobody allowed to bring their own pen
7. Include in training
8. Check during audit
9. Daily monitored by supervisors

Can anyone think of anything else to pad it out to 10? :lol:

Regards,
Simon

Clean/Cleaned?

Hygienic?

Never considered cleaned.
But you are quite right.

Thanks,
Simon

Another thing to keep in mind is the habit that some people have of chewing on the end of their pen........I have witnessed this on many occassions and I include it as a specific point on my GMP training.

S

Can anyone suggest a brand of pen with the following specifications? :)

I'm not sure of the brand off hand, but R.S Quality Products has a good assortment of pens that meet the specifications.

Marshall

It's amazing how you got recommendations without a specification.

Were you going to specify some required attributes for your pen?

Sorry you meant the specification I specified earlier in the thread.

Ignore me, carry on. :whistle:

Regards,

Simon

I don't do this very often but can recommend these pens and this supplier:

Detectapen® Range

Regards,

Tony

All of these criteria sure make it a challenge for contractors.  Not only do they have a dress code for visiting their customer's sites (in theory, a second set of clothes that they bring with them for each stop that are hygienically clean) but also have to worry about whether the pen will work in their circumstances!  I'm thinking specifically of the pest control staff.

hello everyone :)

Who's company implementing a "NO POCKET and BUTTON" on PPEs for plant workers inside processing and storage areas?

If your company is implementing this policy, how did you control the ball pens used by the authorized personnel inside the processing and storage area since PPEs has "NO POCKET" where they placed the ball pens for use in monitoring?

In our company, controlling is by attaching it to the clipboard or a podium would be provided.but still it undergo further study pa.

So i would like to ask some of your ideas to share so that we could somehow apply it to our company.

Hoping that you would share your ideas.

Thank you!

Christine, QA

Has anyone found a one piece metal detectable pen that writes well in a "dusty" environment? We recently purchased a few of these but they do not write well on our forms:

http://nelsonjameson...ent-p17362.html

Cold environments can be a challenge as well...even when you buy a pressurized pen. 

Similar Discussion Topics
New Amazon Dietary Supplement Testing Policy SQF 11.3.3.8 - Jewellery Policy regarding plain bands Debagging Policy Food Fraud Policy Food Defence Policy Meat Processing Garment Policy First Expire First Out (FEFO) Policy Problems Implementing and Maintaining a Knife Control Policy Root Cause - Missing Risk analysis for our clothing policy Knife Control Policy