What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Using waste packaging materials for storing food products

Started by , Jul 09 2013 08:29 AM
7 Replies

HI!,

good day everyone!,

1.  I would like to ask for a help regarding the issue on HOW TO PREVENT EMPLOYEES OF USING WASTE COMPANY PACKAGING MATERIAL such as bucket as lunchbox for food personal consumption to prevent cross contamination? Is there a US.FDA standard of not using food company packaging material as containment for personnal food such as LUNCH BOX?
  2. Also does anyone have a established  policy about canteen? for me to start make a draft of Canteen Policy?

Hope you all would give me an ideas or references.

thank you!

Regards / QAD_Rebisco(Christine)

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ?
[Ad]

I doubt there will a regulation on this, it is just commonsense and a basic rule.  Make it part of your hygiene code or practice?  Do you have a hygiene code of practice detailing all of your rules for personnel? Make sure it is issued, discussed, trained out to all employees and then make sure all rules are implemented and any noncompliance is followed up with disciplinary action.

I doubt there will a regulation on this, it is just commonsense and a basic rule.  Make it part of your hygiene code or practice?  Do you have a hygiene code of practice detailing all of your rules for personnel? Make sure it is issued, discussed, trained out to all employees and then make sure all rules are implemented and any noncompliance is followed up with disciplinary action.

Hi Simon,

Thank you for your respond. but on #2, is there a CANTEEN POLICY established that you would refer to me if ever there is. but if there is none. well, thank you!

Regards / QAD_Rebisco (Christine)

Hi Simon,

Thank you for your respond. but on #2, is there a CANTEEN POLICY established that you would refer to me if ever there is. but if there is none. well, thank you!

Regards / QAD_Rebisco (Christine)

Dear QADRebisco,

I agree with you that it’s tempting to have a policy on “everything”, particularly if (or where you think) a problem does/may occur but the snag is that you can end up with an ever-expanding list and thereby dilute the impact  with respect to the intended user. It may in practice be preferable to seek a balance, eg  prioritise / generalize. This kind of logic inspired such collections of hygiene requirements as found in cGMP in USA for example (although they are hardly brief in their current formats :smile: ).

Having said the above, someone else here may immediately post a Canteen Policy of course. :biggrin:

Rgds / Charles.C

1 Thank

I would put it in your induction booklet.

Make it clear that food packaging, especially branded food packaging, should only be used for its intention, and not to hold samples, screws, nuts or in your case sandwiches etc. Make it a disciplinary offense if their caught doing it. You'd only have to give 1 person a warning and they'll all soon follow suit.

Also, when you do GMP training, make sure you mention it then too.

Caz x

I would put it in your induction booklet.

Make it clear that food packaging, especially branded food packaging, should only be used for its intention, and not to hold samples, screws, nuts or in your case sandwiches etc. Make it a disciplinary offense if their caught doing it. You'd only have to give 1 person a warning and they'll all soon follow suit.

Also, when you do GMP training, make sure you mention it then too.

Caz x

in our company graveyard,

employees do company product sales( where employees bought a product like a 7x7 bucket size of biscuit. after they consume the food, the waste container was use as a lunchbox where they could place there food for breakfast,lunch,dinner). how could i control?

regards / QAD-Rebisco

Can you not just instruct them not to do it!?

Could you find the funds to BUY everyone a lunch box?  That way there's no reason to re-use packaging.

Setanta

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Hairnets for a packaging component manufacturing facility HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations?