What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Frequency of validation tasks of CCP such as metal detection etc.?

Started by , Jul 24 2013 08:03 PM
4 Replies

Hello.

I just wonder what's the frequency of validation tasks of CCP such as metal detection and cooking? 

Some documents indicate validations should be done at least once a year, but my doubt is if the process procedure was never changed, or there's not new ingredient or product, why re-do them every year?  Or it just means that it has to be "reviewed" annually?

Thank you!

Joy

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Risk assessment to determine frequency of ATP swabbing Walnut test frequency Frequency of Internal Audits Environmental Monitoring Frequency of Testing Unannounced FSSC 22000 Audit Frequency
[Ad]

We review annually as part of HACCP review ( in fact this is quarterly and if anything changes), but have not had to repeat validation on cooking processes . The processes have not changed for >10 years. Should we decide to change the parameters then we will have to re validate obviously. I think the auditor did mutter something this year as aome of the validations were >10 years ago but since we use the same kit and the same process we told him to behave hisself. Validation costs a fortune here, and it's difficult to get anyone to do it in the first place.

1 Thank

You must challenge your metal detector system as often as possible.

You can only guarantee that your product is free of metal in the intervals when it has been tested.  Anything else is suspect.

You must have some test wands, cards or similar; and challenging the detector takes only a minute or two.

I like doing it at the beginning of each shift at least, as part of the QA procedures. 

Cooking?  I do not understand what oyu mean?

Temperature probes must be recalibrated and that is your guarantee of achieving the right temperatures.

Dear All,

If we look into the requirement of Dutch HACCP or ISO22000:2005 it states that the Validation has to be carried out before the HACCP system is implemented. Once implemented the PRP's and CCP's in case of HACCP are to be verified for acceptability at least annually and in case of ISO22000:2005 it is not defined, hence as Titrisol said as frequent as you can gain confidence.

Reards

Appaji

Dear All,

If we look into the requirement of Dutch HACCP or ISO22000:2005 it states that the Validation has to be carried out before the HACCP system is implemented. Once implemented the PRP's and CCP's in case of HACCP are to be verified for acceptability at least annually and in case of ISO22000:2005 it is not defined, hence as Titrisol said as frequent as you can gain confidence.

Reards

Appaji

Dear Appaji,

Confusion is occurring in this thread as to the original poster's intended interpretation of "validation". if you compare posts 1/2 and 3, you should be able to understand what i mean.  Unfortunately the OP never stated what standard he was interested in. And also never returned.

Rgds / Charles.C

Similar Discussion Topics
Risk assessment to determine frequency of ATP swabbing Walnut test frequency Frequency of Internal Audits Environmental Monitoring Frequency of Testing Unannounced FSSC 22000 Audit Frequency Metal Detector Frequency and Verification BRCGS Food Safety 5.6.1 - Product Testing Frequency Risk Assessment Sharps Control - Required inspection frequency? Frequency of Internal Audit Based on ISO 22000:2018 Standard Glass and breakable plastic control frequency