What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

We Passed! First BRC Audit and We Got An A!

Started by , Jul 26 2013 02:48 PM
15 Replies

Firstly, I would just like to give a HUGE thank you to everyone on these forums for providing the perfect "go to" place for all questions regarding the Standard and how the whole process works.

This was our first BRC Audit and it went so smoothly I could hardly believe it!

One thing that I want to do is give an idea of our minors to help other people who are working on prepping for their own audits as I found it extremely helpful when reading the minors of others.

1. A form that we use as a sheet to scribble notes on did not have the right Revision Number.

2. We examine all points of our production line prior to running but the form did not specifically highlight those areas which could potentially be higher risk.

3. Maintenance Request Forms need to specify if it is a Temporary Repair.

4. A label fell off of a chemical room measuring cup and wasn't replaced.

5. Condition of glass/brittle plastic in lunchrooms was not noted.

6. Glass/Brittle Plastic Policy needed specific reference for in case of breakage in lunchrooms.

7. Drop Ceiling to be added to Pest Control Survey.

8. On site tour, box of waste packaging was not on stand and off of floor as per procedure.

9. Proof of primary packaging being suitable for use on frozen products needed.

10. Policy needed to state life-saving medications are allowed to be kept on person.

I hope this helps other people who are getting ready for their own audits!

All in all I am very happy with the outcome, especially when our prep time was cut in half! Now to maintain the Standard for the next year so that we can keep our A Grade!! 

Thanks again everyone!

1 Thank
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
FSSC v6.0 internal audit AIB audit scoring and audit checklist What Audit Software are you using? Tips for upcoming NSF Certification Audit How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit?
[Ad]

Congratulations!   Thank you for the audit feedback. 

Thanks for the feedback, great result John. :clap:

It's always nice to hear how members are doing with audits.

Enjoy your weekend.

Regards,

Simon

Great job!!!  :happydance:

Well done John, glad we were of help.

And thank you for posting your non-conformances. Always helpful to see what's picked up, helps focus the mind

Cazx

Well done!

Wow! Very nice!  Congratulations!

Congratulations on your BRC Audit certification. I am in USA and am just starting to learn and implement BRC requirements in our bakery plant. Reading your post gave me hope that i can do that. We are currently in an Excellent category with other GMP, Food Safety third party audits. I hope I can say what you are saying in your post be the end of his year or into 2014.

Great job.

Congratulations on your BRC Audit certification. I am in USA and am just starting to learn and implement BRC requirements in our bakery plant. Reading your post gave me hope that i can do that. We are currently in an Excellent category with other GMP, Food Safety third party audits. I hope I can say what you are saying in your post be the end of his year or into 2014.

Great job.

Good luck with your prep/audit!

Just be diligent, go through the standard section by section. That's what we did and going into the audit we were all very confident

10. Policy needed to state life-saving medications are allowed to be kept on person.

I've seen this come up a couple of times as NCs for BRC audits now.  I've had discussions about it with my fellow Quality co-workers and we're wondering how this has come up.  Has the auditor found someone carrying medicine on them?  Or is he/she specifically asking about life-saving meds?  Our policy states that medications must be kept in employee lockers, which addresses the standard's requirement:

7.2.5. Processes and written instructions for staff shall be in place to control the use and storage of personal medicines, so as to minimize the risk of product contamination.

It just seems a little far-reaching that they are giving out NCs for something that isn't directly in the standard.  Are we naive to assume that none of our employees need life-saving medications?

Someone please help us understand their view!

Well done, 

Congratulations! 

We passed Tesco as Green - so I can imagine how you feel!

We are having BRC and IFS together soon so I will look for points you described.

Iwona:)

Great job, :rock:   We are just getting started with our BRC implementation.

Firstly - congrats!!

Secondly, I'm also quite surprised about the minor covering personal medicines. Our company policy (which is signed off at induction by all new starters) explicitly states that NO medicines are permitted in production areas.

It does include a requirement for life-saving medication to be declared to team leaders and left at a central location (i.e. building reception).

Never been an issue in BRC audits. If anything, the opposite.

well done

thanks for the feedback

bibi

Great feedback - we avoided a non conformance based on your information.  Thank you for sharing

Similar Discussion Topics
FSSC v6.0 internal audit AIB audit scoring and audit checklist What Audit Software are you using? Tips for upcoming NSF Certification Audit How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit? Shadow Witness Audit Request First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Help with ISCC EU Audit BRC Quarterly Audit coverage Third party audit certificate redacted