What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Standard for Yeast and Mold environmental swab

Started by , Aug 03 2013 03:28 AM
4 Replies

Hi,

I am currently setting up a mini lab to test some of our ready-to-eat food samples as well as some environemntal swabs.

I am wondering if any of you have Yeast and Mold standard for environemntal swab because one of the auditors questioned about it.

Also, not sure if there is a microbiological standard for raw material too.

Thanks a lot! :)

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Microbiological Test Standard Ice cream standard Standard Bread Baking Method Does anyone have a really good template for a standard operating procedure work instruction?
[Ad]

I've never done an Yeast & Mould swab, only an environmental Air Plate

Looking for <20cfu

Cazx

Hello, Cazx,

<20 cfu is a good starting point with the pertifilm Y&M and also PD plates or DG-18 xerophilic medium environmental sediment plates.

Unless Robert Samson of CBS Fungal Biodiversity Centre, Utrecht, The Netherlands has come up with an international standard. I consider these people along with Dr John Pitt of CSIRO Food Science Australia, and Dr. Keith Seifert of Agri food Canada ,Ottawa , authorities on the subject. 

Hope this helps

Jeff

Dear All,

Maybe obvious to the air-knowledgeable (not myself) but a slight shortage of units in this thread ?? :smile:

Some fairly recent posts are referenced here  -

http://www.ifsqn.com...indpost&p=57737

The Campden article appears to impliy the situation is a bit like that for food contact surfaces.

For "Foods", there are various YM data posts here and there on this forum, eg

http://www.ifsqn.com...indpost&p=58702

For certain RTE/uncooked items, values can be astronomical, eg see

HPA food microbiology.pdf   998.98KB   183 downloads

Rgds / Charles.C

1 Thank

Hi,

depend what we think about "environemntal swabs" can be: surface test or air test.

If is air test we can use the malt mediu for Y&M.

One of method is we can live open the plate for 30 minte and after incubate 5 days and redead.

If is for surface test we can use for determination the standrads for food: ISO 21527.

After take the test we can put 1 ml sterile water, agitate very well and put on media plate.

I hope help you.

BS

maricmargot

Similar Discussion Topics
Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Microbiological Test Standard Ice cream standard Standard Bread Baking Method Does anyone have a really good template for a standard operating procedure work instruction? ASDA manufacturing standard How to comply with the standard of not storing product directly on the floor? Latest version of Yum standard Australia Standard for Environment Swabs Interpretation of APHA standard for APC in air