What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

FSSC 22000 Additional Requirements (Section 4)

Started by , Aug 06 2013 01:28 PM
4 Replies

In addition to ISO 22000 & PAS, the FSSC 22000 has additional requirement. Section 4 Inventory of Applicable Regulations states the following.

It is pointed out that the organization in the food chain will make an inventory of:

• the national, and if applicable foreign, regulatory & statutory requirements on food safety which are applicable to the organization & which should be implemented including raw materials & services that are provided & products that are manufactured & delivered,
  • applicable codes of practice related to food safety, customer requirements related to food safety, any other additional requirements on food safety determined by the organization.
  • The food safety system of the organization shall ensure & demonstrate conformity with these requirements.

As it states above I need to make an inventory of all applicable regulatory & statutory requirements & I don't want to forget anything. Can anyone assist with this? We produce paperboard packaging with no international customers. Can anyone add to my list below?

1.  Section 409 of the Federal Food, Drug & Cosmetic Act
  2. 21 CFR PART 110 (Current Good Manufacturing Practices)
  3. Federal Food Code
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 FSSC New BoS Decision List FSSC v6 2.5.6 Management of Allergens FSSC V6 Internal audit Checklist
[Ad]

Hi skredsfan,

Can you elaborate on the type of processing you are doing? There might be specific regulations that apply to your sector.

-Chris

Hi skredsfan,

Can you elaborate on the type of processing you are doing? There might be specific regulations that apply to your sector.

-Chris

Hi Chris,

No doubt skredfan will give a more comprehensive reply shortly but this post gives a brief idea -

http://www.ifsqn.com...ces/#entry57917

Not my knowledge base but i suspect FSSC are doing a little nitpicking. :smile:

Best Rgds / Charles

Maybe you can put some links like http://ec.europa.eu/...isl_list_en.htm , or for Serbia http://zakon.co.rs/d...ici-srbiji.html (I believe there is similar web adress for every country) on your monthly-basis checkimg of new standards and laws. I have that kind of link, and I check it once per month for any new legislations. And my revisor was pleased to see that.

On that kind of link you can find what is applicable for your production.

Hope this helps...

1 Thank

Hi skredsfan,

-Chris

Our raw materials are paperboard, printing inks, coatings, adhesives & Corrugate. In a nutshell we print (Lithography & Flexography) customer approved graphics onto paperboard, cut according to die specifications & finally glue (adhesive) the carton. After the gluing process, the cartons are packed and moved into finished goods.

Similar Discussion Topics
FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 FSSC New BoS Decision List FSSC v6 2.5.6 Management of Allergens FSSC V6 Internal audit Checklist Required Food Safety Training for Employees Under FSSC 22000 FSSC 22000 Implementation but have non-food Products FSSC Internal auditor competency Is FSSC 22000 (Cat G) certification transferrable if facility moves to a new location after getting initial certification? FSSC publishes Version 6 of the FSSC 22000 scheme