What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

FDA registration requirements

Started by , Aug 08 2013 03:54 PM
2 Replies

I am a producer of food packaging.  I have been asked by a customer to take in bulk pre-packaged food and place it into my cartons.  I may have to hold it for a period of time in controlled conditions.  I do not, at any time, open any of the pre-packaged items...do not touch or expose the food itself.  I would then ship the cartons back to the customer.  Would I be required to register with the FDA?  Section 9.10 of the Food Defense Guidance for Industry would imply that I do not, as I am not "placing food in a container that directly contacts the food".  However, Section 17.2 implies that I have to because I am "holding" it.  It does, however, only directly identifies "produce". 

Comments?   Thanks!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system Food Specification Requirements for food businesses in the UK? Frozen meals - cooling requirements Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? Net Weight Requirements for Combination Gift Packaging
[Ad]

Are you labeling your cartons?

I print and process a cardboard container...then insert a plastic form and the prepackaged food item inside the container.  Then I place a number of the assembled containers in a bulk carton for shipment to a customer.

Similar Discussion Topics
New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system Food Specification Requirements for food businesses in the UK? Frozen meals - cooling requirements Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? Net Weight Requirements for Combination Gift Packaging Requirements for Work In Process WIP Requirements for packaging SQF Requirements - Pest Control Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements Halal requirements for foods imported to GCC