What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Regulation on micro testing

Started by , Sep 02 2013 06:40 AM
2 Replies

Hello Every one

can someone help me we manufacture health bars and energy bars and we do swabs on equipment and people and we also test water as it an ingredient .

how do I set the acceptable levels on these ,or specifications ?????

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Food safety regulation for carton ink Shipping of salted casings and water retention regulation FDA Regulation of Customer Reviews: DS Health Claims PFAS Regulation in US Maximum Residue Limits Regulation
[Ad]

To start with, what swabs do you use? If you use Biotrace or Hygiena, the documentation that comes with them will set out pass & fail Limits. If you're using traditional swabs then you're probably looking at <10 tvc, <10 entros (or coliforms) absent E Coli, Absent Listeria & Salmonella

Hand swabs, depends what you test for but again I'd say <10 entros, <10 staphs

Water should be to Drinking Water Regs ( if your country doesn't have a set of  Regs then google the UK ones)

You need to justify why you have the limits you set. Don't think an auditor will buy that "Caz on IFSQN" told me!

Caz

Hello Every one

can someone help me we manufacture health bars and energy bars and we do swabs on equipment and people and we also test water as it an ingredient .

how do I set the acceptable levels on these ,or specifications ?????

Dear kanyisa,

Depending on what you are actually doing, this data may help -

http://www.ifsqn.com...indpost&p=60958

Rgds / Charles.C

Similar Discussion Topics
Food safety regulation for carton ink Shipping of salted casings and water retention regulation FDA Regulation of Customer Reviews: DS Health Claims PFAS Regulation in US Maximum Residue Limits Regulation Plant-based Beverage Name Regulation Requesting help with CFIA SFCR regulation Is overweight allowed and underweight not allowed according to US regulation? Microbiological criteria for Instant Noodle based on EU regulation Regulation for Instant Noodle