What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Customer complaint about a piece of glass that was found in Quinoa

Started by , Sep 04 2013 01:20 PM
3 Replies

Hi All,

I am new to the Ready-meal food industry and have received a customer complaint about a piece of glass that was found in Quinoa that we have delivered.

To be fair, our quinoa was not the final product and they added 4 other ingredients to make the meal but I want to ensure that our side is clean and therefore thought of implementing a sieving procedure as a means of removing foreign bodies.

Any suggestions about a procedure and a sieve that would get the job done would be warmly received.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
SQF Clause 5.2.1 - Artwork customer approval Customer labeling of frozen pizza Passing through Food Safety Documents from our supplier to our customer Customer complaints for excess water in onions Managing Customer Audit Dates: Seeking Advice on Rescheduling for Convenience
[Ad]

A little more info would be helpful:

- What is the size of the quinoa seeds?

- What was the size of the glass piece found?

- How is the quinoa packaged (vertical form fill from a hopper?): a Flow diagram would help out here.

Have you considered having the glass analysed? I'd be wary of making wholesale changes of the sort you propose unless you felt the risk posed by not doing was too great for comfort. These days, analysis of FBs can determine the likely source or at least rule out the likelihood of the FB having originated in your production line.

Dear walterfleitmann,

Any response to the questions posed in post #2 ?

Offhand, my first reaction would be to try and find the probable source of the glass. Urgently. It may well not be an isolated event.

Rgds / Charles.C

Similar Discussion Topics
SQF Clause 5.2.1 - Artwork customer approval Customer labeling of frozen pizza Passing through Food Safety Documents from our supplier to our customer Customer complaints for excess water in onions Managing Customer Audit Dates: Seeking Advice on Rescheduling for Convenience FDA Regulation of Customer Reviews: DS Health Claims How to respond customer complaint regarding pH out of spec Allergen testing of the product due to a customer complaint Customer will not provide their ingredient recipe Customer Request - Supply Standards Form