What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Should I share SQF audit report with Customers?

Started by , Sep 12 2013 01:49 PM
8 Replies

Should I share  SQF audit report with customers? Usually, we don't share full audit report but only the certificate. However, this customer, which doesn't buy big volumes need our report. Is it a good idea to share full audit report with only big customers or any size customer is fine? Should we have the same policy all across the board for all customers?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit? Shadow Witness Audit Request First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Help with ISCC EU Audit BRC Quarterly Audit coverage
[Ad]

IMO that's an upper management decision. Personally I would rather send the cert but with increasing frequency we're being asked to send the report and virtually always do so.

1 Thank
I don't have a problem with it.

At the end of the day it can be helpful to customers to have the detail of a comprehensive audit report that they perhaps can show their customers, 3rd party auditors to demonstrate due diligence (provided the report is reasonable :smile:). It may also save you an audit. In all likelihood it will be filed by the customer never to see the light of day. Hardly top secret information that can damage the business (no financial information in it :yeahrite:). What I do object to is when customers want financial information, costs, savings, etc. As if!

Regards,
Simon
1 Thank

Dear AnkushK,

There are one or two threads here containing a similar query and also with "HACCP Manual" substituted for "audit report".

From memory the voting was approx.60-70% in favour of sharing. (i was one of the vehement negatives. Company policy to only fully (visibly) share if the requestor visited the factory or an appropriate sister company in person.)

I assume you are in a QA function. As per previous post, i would definitely recommend you share the decision responsibility towards "where the buck stops". Self-protection 101. :smile:

Of course, the decision may also be influenced by comments in the report ? ;)

Rgds / Charles.C

1 Thank

Send them out to all your customers that ask for them. Our clients get the certificates and the entire audit reports every year. 

1 Thank

None of our customers have ever asked for it; I hope they never do. I find the report never paints a very accurate picture of the facility. I would have no problem detailing and explaining every piece of it, but the time! Mister man, the time.

Lately, I have seen a lot of company's requesting a confidentiality agreement to be signed by a Customer representative before they share the full audit report.

Lately, I have seen a lot of company's requesting a confidentiality agreement to be signed by a Customer representative before they share the full audit report.

Dear maara,

I believe this is usually an attempt at obfuscation. :smile:

Rgds / Charles.C

You are correct Charles. C.

Similar Discussion Topics
How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit? Shadow Witness Audit Request First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Help with ISCC EU Audit BRC Quarterly Audit coverage Can anyone share the FDA reference that pathogen microbes kill at above 100 degree celcius? Third party audit certificate redacted Huge bill for unannounced BRC Audit Expenses FSSC V6 Internal audit Checklist Customers want to rent our storage to store their products