What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Animal Feed HACCP

Started by , Sep 19 2013 10:25 AM
2 Replies

Hi all,

I wonder if any if you can help me?  I have been asked to draw up a HACCP for animal feed as we hope to send our waste product for animal feed.  Basically the product is fine but broken so we cannot use it and we would be grinding it down and bagging it to hopefully send for animal feed.  I presume I would just start my HACCP from when we 'bin' the waste product for grinding?  I do not have to include my actual HACCP from ingredient intake through the production process? 

All help would be gratefully appreciated, thanks!

1 Thank
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Propane forklifts allowed in storage and distribution for animal feed? Animal Welfare Certificate for SQF audits BRCGS Section 5.9 - Animal Primary Conversion BRCGS - Animal Feed Policy SQF 9.4.2 - Animal Husbandry
[Ad]

Dear waferthin,

http://www.ifsqn.com...eed/#entry63728

there are others here also.

Rgds / Charles.C

1 Thank

Waferthin,

We don't know what type of product you are talking about. You only say it is your waste product .... but from what type of food processing, meat, fish, cereal, baking etc?

In general there is more emphasis today on ensuring the safety of food throughout the whole supply chain "farm to fork" and this of course includes animal feed.

If I was an animal feed producer and I wanted to include your "waste" product, my view is that your HACCP Plan should include all the steps for your production process ie from your starting material through to the finished product and then the part of the process that deals with the waste product you want to supply for anaimal feed.

As an animal feed producer, I would want to know what controls you have on food safety hazards (biological, chemical, physical) in the waste product. My own harzard analysis would then decide if these are adequate to manage the risk.

I have a lot of experience in developing waste products for use in petfood but I need to know more to help you.

Hope this helps!

Please comment further or send me a message if you want more help.

Best wishes.

DP2006

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Propane forklifts allowed in storage and distribution for animal feed? Animal Welfare Certificate for SQF audits BRCGS Section 5.9 - Animal Primary Conversion BRCGS - Animal Feed Policy SQF 9.4.2 - Animal Husbandry Animal food storage Animal Feed Generic HACCP plan FDA GMPs required for the bottling of animal supplements Non-Conforming Product - Scrap sent to Animal Feed? Preventative Controls for Animal and Pet Food