What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Cleaning- Understanding MSDS sheet

Started by , Oct 14 2013 05:37 PM
5 Replies

A rep came in today and pitched Citrus Clean Cleaner. I've attached the MSDS sheet just incase.

apparently it's cleaning a lot of debry off that normally doesn't come off with what is currently being used.

Can someone let me know if this looks safe for food contact surface?

Or suggest what you are using.

Attached Files

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Anyone have a template for the V6 Risk Based Plan for Tanker Cleaning risk assessment? Cleaning chemical discrepancies and chemical logs Cleaning of Hoses Food Manufacturing Cleaning Chemicals Foaming machines in a cleaning management system
[Ad]

I looked it up on the internet, and it states that it is OK to use in restaurants, but most of the time, you would mix it 30 to 1 with water for cleaning.   This is a very strong cleaning agent.

Dear CaliforniaFS,

I suggest a simple procedure for yr food safety purposes -

Obtain or request the supplier to show validatable evidence that their product is approved for use within a food manufacturing environment, eg by an organisation like USFDA, USDA.

Then validate it.

As far as yr general query is concerned, i believe lists of approved chemicals do exist in USA.

Rgds / Charles.C

Well first thing I would say is CITRUS!!

I wouldn't be using anything scented on food contact surface.

Caz x

Thank you Charles.

Hopefully I will be able to access the approved cleaner list as soon as the Government is no longer shut down. Hopefully today is the day.

Thanks.

Thank you Charles.

Hopefully I will be able to access the approved cleaner list as soon as the Government is no longer shut down. Hopefully today is the day.

Thanks.

Dear CaliforniaFS,

I thought the Food Inspection Branch was still gainfully employed. :biggrin:

Rgds / Charles.C

Added - my (big) error, the informative Safefood 360 link elsewhere is rather alarming -

http://safefood360.c...wn-food-safety/

Strangely, this aspect seems to be being hardly mentioned outside the USA. :rolleyes:

I'm sure I heard my upper comment loudly trumpeted at the start of this debacle. Funding run out ?

Similar Discussion Topics
Anyone have a template for the V6 Risk Based Plan for Tanker Cleaning risk assessment? Cleaning chemical discrepancies and chemical logs Cleaning of Hoses Food Manufacturing Cleaning Chemicals Foaming machines in a cleaning management system HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards Water hoses and nozzles - maintenance and cleaning schedule Cleaning methods and chemicals for plastic IBCs?